Would I be able to use my device in Italy?
FREVAR26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am planning a trip to Rome in the next month or so. I have unlimited talk, text, web here in the states. I noticed the Travel Pass offers the same benefits for $10 a day. My question is, would I be able to use my phone (iPhone) just as if I were to use it in the states (minus the international dialing)? I plan on sending photos, videos th text, social media and would not want to incur any overage charges. Is this my best option? (I've reaserched online, and some recommend buying a SIM card to use out there).

Thanks,

Fredy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am traveling to Italy
rcschnoor
Legend

When you say you have "unlimited talk, text, web" that you are on the Verizon Plan with unlimited data.

IF that is the case, yes you would be able to use your phone in Italy as you would in the states with an exception, "4G data speeds apply for the first 512 MB/day with reduced speeds thereafter." I believe the reduced speed is at 2G speeds of 128 kbps. Of course you have to add the daily TravelPass to your line before leaving and that $10/day charge is in addition to your regular monthly charge.

View solution in original post

Re: I am traveling to Italy
rcschnoor
Legend

When you say you have "unlimited talk, text, web" that you are on the Verizon Plan with unlimited data.

IF that is the case, yes you would be able to use your phone in Italy as you would in the states with an exception, "4G data speeds apply for the first 512 MB/day with reduced speeds thereafter." I believe the reduced speed is at 2G speeds of 128 kbps. Of course you have to add the daily TravelPass to your line before leaving and that $10/day charge is in addition to your regular monthly charge.