Will Verizon support the 5c through 2019? Beyond that?
deke19

Will Verizon support the 5c through 2019?

What about subsequent years?

I've heard that, once 5G is available, this phone won't be supported (i.e., won't function) with Verizon?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Verizon support the 5c through 2019? Beyond that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deke19, I understand your concern when it comes to being able to use your iPhone 5c through 2019. I am here to assist. When it comes to the use of your 5c the CDMA retirement is what will play a part in not being able to use your device after Dec 2019. Even though the 5c have 4G capabilities it doesn't support HD Voice. I have included a link that will provide more information about the retirement. I hope this help. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

bearone21
Legend

no one knows.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

5G has nothing to with the CDMA shut down. It'll be years before 5G is deployed. While the 5C does have LTE it seems it doesn't not support HD calling so it will not work after Dec 31st

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deke19, I understand your concern when it comes to being able to use your iPhone 5c through 2019. I am here to assist. When it comes to the use of your 5c the CDMA retirement is what will play a part in not being able to use your device after Dec 2019. Even though the 5c have 4G capabilities it doesn't support HD Voice. I have included a link that will provide more information about the retirement. I hope this help. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

Justin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vkjk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really appreciated your answer, it was clarifying when I followed the link.  However, the link seems to have been disabled.  Perhaps I made a mistake in referring to that link in an unfruitful chat with technician JAMES in which I tried to find out whether or not Verizon will support Blackberry Keyone [CDMA] and Key2LE after the drop of CDMA and any other change in 2020.

I really wish I had copied the information on that website, because I now have NO idea how to explain this information to my spouse and parents.  Something about phones must be compliant with VoLTE and HD voice compatability.  But Verizon is singularly non commital about what devices will be supported if they are not being sold by Verizon directly right now.  And there are no "specs" to look for to comply, it will apparently be up to Verizon's list of the day.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you have a device that performs the way you need it to, vkjk. Many of the devices that are currently certified to work on our network as customer provided equipment use a CDMA-less provisioning profile, so they will not be affected by the 3G network sunset. For example, the manufacturer's store page for the BlackBerry Key2 LE model BBE100-5, which is certified to work on our network, states that the device does not use CDMA, so it would need to have Voice over LTE or HD Voice to use voice services on our network. You can check to see whether a specific device is able to be activated on our network by running the IMEI through our Bring Your Own Device tool which you can view by following this link: http://spr.ly/6602Epjsy.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
slmoondra

Please give a non-technical answer. Will 5C stop working in 2021? Yes or No. Will it work in WiFi mode? Will it work in LTE mode?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes