Will Verizon exchange a yellow screened iPhone 5?
Joey1859
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey all, I looked all over the site and couldn't find anything that helped me with my problem. I purchased an Iphone 5 from my local Verizon retail store about two weeks ago. It began to exhibit major problems, So I then returned it to the store and received another Iphone 5. I've had the phone for a couple days now, and when I compared it to a friends Iphone 5, I noticed that his is A LOT brighter and bluer than mine, my screen has a yellow hazy tint, and is nowhere near as bright. I researched the problem, it's a documented issue that no one really understands the origin of. After yet another day of use and comparison, it seems as if it's worsening. I want to take it back to the store that I did my first exchange at, but I'm worried that Verizon won't replace the phone, as I have already replaced it once due to a problem. I have a warranty on it, and none of the problems are from use or damage by myself of anyone else, they seem to be hardware or software issues out of mine, or Verizon's control. Can anyone tell me if they would replace the phone again or if I would have to purchase another?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon exchange a yellow screened iPhone 5?
rcschnoor
Legend

The best way to find out would be to go and ask at the store. You should hurry, though, as after 14 days you will have to return to Verizon via mail and will get a refurbished phone in return.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Best to walk into an Apple Store.  They have more control and flexibility.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Joey1859,

I know how important it is for a new phone to be at its best. We want all trouble to stop now and be fully addressed. As the community advised, you have a 14 day window from the initial order to report any device trouble. We will be able to replace the device with a brand new phone. If you are outside this window, we would provide a certified like new replacement. As another member advised, you also have the option of taking it right to Apple for them to review and replace. I don't want you to stay with a yellow screen so I do urge you to reach out to us or Apple to get this addressed.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes