Wi-Fi dissconnection
Beta_T

IPhones upgraded to OS 8.1 have been having issues with Wi-Fi dropping out, now I have to pay an extra 15 dollars because I didn't notice that the Wi-Fi signal I use at work disconnected.  I don't think I should be responsible for the extra charges due to a fault with Apple's OS.
FYI to fix the problem you have to go to Settings > General> Reset> Reset Network Settings. Then you can reconnect to your Wi-Fi network and enter your password.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi dissconnection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updating your phone to the new software is important Beta_T, we appreciate you doing so. I understand your concern with the overage charge, I'm sorry to learn there was a confusion when downloading the update on cellular data. I apologize, this is not an error on the manufacturer's end or the network. The reset is designed to delete all the network information from your phone, including your wi-fi savings and there is a disclosure about it. In addition, notifications regarding your data usage are sent to prevent overages. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi dissconnection
Beta_T

I did heed the notification that’s why my overage is 0.029 mb and it's not going up, even though I still have over a week left on my current bill cycle.

Sorry but $15.00 for 29 kb, is ridiculous.  

It IS an OS problem .. refer to the article from osxdaily.

iOS 8 Wi-Fi Connection Problems? They Are Probably Simple to
Fix

0 Likes