Why is the time shown on my device incorrect?
mhaycraft327

It seems like it lags behind almost. When the phone is open and in use it will work just fine but still show the wrong time, however when it's not in use the time will just stand still. I've been having this problem since yesterday and unfortunately there are no Verizon stores anywhere near where I live. It's a brand new phone, I just got it in October. My phone is completely updated, I've tried to whole turning it off and on again thing. That temporarily fixes the problem but then it just stops working again.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The time on my phone is incorrectly shown.
raprew
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem. I could get the correct time, but only if I disabled the Automatic time zone setting. That is not a good solution if you travel. So after fiddling around, I checked both the Automatic date and time and the Automatic time zone. Naturally, the phone showed the wrong time. Then I rebooted. VOILA! It is correct!  Doesn't seem that it should have been necessary, but at least it fixed the problem AND I can still travel.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's ensure your time is showing appropriately. Are you in the Verizon Wireless coverage area? You may also want to ensure that the correct time zone is set on the device. For more troubleshooting steps involving incorrect time. Check this out; http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3920

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSpport

0 Likes
AmorphousLogic

Have you found a solution to your problem.  My wife seems to be experiencing the same issue on her 5c.  I have tried turning off the auto update time option as well as turning off LTE, but it still looks like time stands still while the screen is off.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AmorphousLogic, we appreciate your patience and allowing us to assist you with this clock issue. Since you have chosen the correct time zone in Settings>General>Date & Time>Set Automatically. You will need to make sure that your city appears in the "Time Zone" field. It's also important that "24-Hour Time" is disabled. Once you have confirmed that the settings are correct, you will need to update the network on your device with these steps. http://vz.to/16ZnIy8

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AmorphousLogic

We have tried every combination of the date and time settings.  Turning off automatic updates doesn't even seam to help.  I just tried updating the network as described in the page, and was correct after the reset, at 10:26, but now it is actually 10:29 and the iPhone says it is 10:24.  My wife tried a factory reset two days ago as well with no improvement.  I think she is going to take it in to a Verizon store today and see if there is anything else we can try or if we can get a replacement. 

0 Likes
raprew
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem. I could get the correct time, but only if I disabled the Automatic time zone setting. That is not a good solution if you travel. So after fiddling around, I checked both the Automatic date and time and the Automatic time zone. Naturally, the phone showed the wrong time. Then I rebooted. VOILA! It is correct!  Doesn't seem that it should have been necessary, but at least it fixed the problem AND I can still travel.

0 Likes
Time and Date on my Pixel 5 and Pixel 3 is frequently incorrect.
stkit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Time and Date on my Pixel 5 and Pixel 3 is frequently incorrect.

I have verizon wireless and verizon gig service to my home and this is where it happens.

Resetting my phone and or toggling the time zone thing is NOT an acceptable answer.

I just sent a text and wondered where it was.  I found it at the top of my screen with a March 20, 2001 timestamp.  This is unacceptbable that the text message app does not catch this.

Whatsapp is the one that frequently catches this.

This is a problem and the solution is unacceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Time and Date on my Pixel 5 and Pixel 3 is frequently incorrect.
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes