Why is my phone not receiving emergency alerts?
csrivers

I have not received them ever on this phone, even when other people around me do. I have ensured that both government alerts and amber alerts are turned on. I confirmed that several other VZW customers received the alerts but my phone has not. I moved to a different state about a year ago, if that provides any information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my phone not receiving emergency alerts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello csrivers.

It's important that your phone is able to alert you incase of an emergency. In order to ensure your alerts are working properly, please make sure your device is on the latest iOS. Alerts can be enable by going to Settings>Notifications>Government Alerts. For more information about Government Alerts, you can visit this link: http://vz.to/OhhVQJ

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
csrivers

My phone is up to date, and government alerts are enabled and have been since I got the phone, but I still didn't receive the alert. Is there any other thing that could be the issue?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for looking into that setting, csrivers! I regret that you still haven't gotten the alerts. Can you tell me the time and date of the last alert you believe you missed? Also, have you gotten any Amber Alerts or weather alerts on your device? Trying to determine if this is an issue specific to a certain kind of alert.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
csrivers

Since I have gotten this phone, I have not gotten any alerts - Amber, weather, or otherwise. I know that I didnt several flood warnings last year, but this last tsunami warning that I missed is really troubling. I know that it was sent out on Tuesday April 1, 2014 at around 3-4 pm HST (I do not know the exact time because I did not get the alert, but I know that it was sent in the afternoon.)

0 Likes
hedder84

My phone has never gotten any of the alerts. IOS is up to date, alerts are on as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello csrivers,

Amber alerts are a great way to stay informed on weather announcement. Allow me to assist with getting this service working for you. Can I assume that you are not having any issues with receiving standard text messages? Also, what software version do you have on the device? Were there any changes made to your account that may have affected your ability to receive amber alerts. If you can share this info then we can look into this together.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes