Why is my number on an iPhone that I want to transfer a family member?
tjasonw

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6s plus from an iPhone 5s. My wife has a 4s and I was going to give her my 5s. When I attempted to set this device up for her after resetting it, the 5s continued to display my mobile number in settings>phone. Do I need a new sim card?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer old iPhone to family member
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a wonderful question, tjasonw. If the device is still registered, network side, to your number it will only display that number until moved to your wife's line. Did you have the device moved to your wife's number? If so, we can attempt some troubleshooting.

DanielK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Transfer old iPhone to family member
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a wonderful question, tjasonw. If the device is still registered, network side, to your number it will only display that number until moved to your wife's line. Did you have the device moved to your wife's number? If so, we can attempt some troubleshooting.

DanielK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes