Why do I sometimes lose my internet connection?
jkn90

Hello all,

I live in an area where I receive full 4G LTE, and I have no trouble at all connecting to the internet with my iPhone 5. However, I work in an area where Verizon recently placed a 4G tower. This new tower is a part of a program to put towers in rural areas and does not register as full 4G on my phone. It is 4G Extended. Most of the time, I have no issues but periodically I lose connecton to the internet. My phone still registers as being connected to the Extended LTE network, but I cannot connect to the internet. I have restored my device. I have reset network settings, which works sometimes, but only for a little while. I have toggled the the 4G switch and the Data Roaming. No matter what, I am consistently faced with the intermittent connection. I am not sure it is a device issue, for I have no problems when I am at home under 4G LTE.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G extended--intermittent connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, Joshua! Upon review I can confirm this is an Extended 4G coverage area that is run by another carrier that we have agreements with. I apologize for any inconvenience as we are unable to guarantee the reliability of the network in this area. We are always working to expand and improve the reach of our network and I hope we can get into this area in the near future however I do not have specific build plans available.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jkn90,

We want you to be able to enjoy 4G speeds everywhere it is available. Let's check out the area in which you are having the connection issues. What zipcode are you experiencing the issues in? Have you tried to remove and reinsert the SIM card? http://vz.to/1evL5Gh

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jkn90

I'm in 46992. No I haven't tried that yet.  Should I? Joshua

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
jkn90

My brother has a GS4 and has informed me that he too is having connection issues in this area. Both our phones have no issues elsewhere. Joshua

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, Joshua! Upon review I can confirm this is an Extended 4G coverage area that is run by another carrier that we have agreements with. I apologize for any inconvenience as we are unable to guarantee the reliability of the network in this area. We are always working to expand and improve the reach of our network and I hope we can get into this area in the near future however I do not have specific build plans available.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jkn90

I must have misunderstood then. I thought that Verizon was the service provider, but I understand that you are telling me that it is through a third-party provider. Do you have any information about the company that is being contracted to provide the service in Wabash County (46992)? I would appreciate any assistance as I currently do not know who to contact when I am having connection difficulties. Thanks for your time.

Joshua

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jkn90,

Your patience is greatly appreciated on this matter. We are working around the clock to expand our 4G LTE network across the country. While we do not have a specific date as to when enhancements will be made in each area, a great way to stay informed is to visit our news site, http://bit.ly/n5snpq. As far as service in the area that you mentioned, may I ask are you having any voice related issues? If you can share the software version that you have installed on the phone then we can dig deeper to ensure that the device isn't a factor in the service.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jkn90

I am not having and voice issues. The software is iphone 5 and I have the latest software version. My brother was also having issues with his 4G, and he has a Galaxy s4. This leads me to believe that it is not an issue with my device.

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Josh

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jkn90,

We offer an extended network in the area, so the 4G LTE service may experience some challenges. Let's try this: Go to Settings>Cellular> Turn off Enable LTE and test for a few hours.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jkn90, service when you need it most is what we strive for! Have you had a ticket submitted to our Network Team previously to review the location? Does this issue happen both indoors and outdoors in the area?

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes