Why do I keep getting a voice mail error?
DaltonM

For the past month (possibly longer), my voicemail has not been working. I followed the instructions given by Verizon (Phone > Voicemail > Set Password > Greeting > Custom > Save) and set a custom voicemail. However it doesn't seem to be working. I called my phone and let it ring with a second phone. After thirty seconds of not touching the first phone, it stopped ringing. However, it didn't end the call on the second phone, instead the second phone went silent but continued to call. Then after another twenty seconds the first phone received the call again. I let it ring, and the same thing happened. This time, after the first phone stopped ringing, the second phone continued the call, and went to a Verizon automated announcement. Please help me fix this problem.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@DaltonM

I don't want you to miss any important voice mail messages.  Let's work together to ensure your voice mail is working on your iPhone device.

First, please dial *73 to ensure Call Forwarding is disabled: http://vz.to/1RtOJBg.  After completing this step, please try calling your device again from a different line.  Let me know if you're still experiencing problems with your voice mail.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@DaltonM

I don't want you to miss any important voice mail messages.  Let's work together to ensure your voice mail is working on your iPhone device.

First, please dial *73 to ensure Call Forwarding is disabled: http://vz.to/1RtOJBg.  After completing this step, please try calling your device again from a different line.  Let me know if you're still experiencing problems with your voice mail.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes