Why do I get a "waiting for activation" error when I try to set up FaceTime?
Zamira74

I have set up on Apple ID plus password for my FaceTime account, and it continually states waiting   For activation.   I have an iPhone 5c can anyone help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FaceTime for iPhone 5c
Weth
Legend

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

Try these steps if you get an iMessage or FaceTime activation error on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

When trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime, you might get one of these errors:

• Waiting for activation
  • Activation unsuccessful
  • An error occurred during activation
  • Could not sign in, please check your network connection

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set up correctly.

Turn off iMessage and FaceTime and restart

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

Still not activated after an hour?

It might take a few minutes to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If you've waited more than an hour, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

View solution in original post

Re: FaceTime for iPhone 5c
Weth
Legend

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

Try these steps if you get an iMessage or FaceTime activation error on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

When trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime, you might get one of these errors:

• Waiting for activation
  • Activation unsuccessful
  • An error occurred during activation
  • Could not sign in, please check your network connection

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set up correctly.

Turn off iMessage and FaceTime and restart

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

Still not activated after an hour?

It might take a few minutes to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If you've waited more than an hour, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
  3. Contact Apple Support.