Why did my iPhone 5 go from LTE to 3G?
tlow

Not only have I had a diminished signal, there are areas where I used to have 5 bars and now get up to 2 bars.  I also only saw LTE service for the first week or two I had my device.  Now I only get 3G.  Can someone twll me what is going on? I'm beginning to get very disappointed as my data usage is being sucked up as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did my iPhone 5 go from LTE to 3G?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tlow, Let's bring back the reliable service that you should expect from us! May I ask where are you located? Please be check the LTE settings on the device by going to Settings>General>Cellular>Enable LTE>ON. I am eager to troubleshoot with you further so we can get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Anaissa

Did it ever get better, I'm currently going through the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to improve your service Anaissa! Your device is designed to connect to the strongest available network and sometimes 3G will be stronger and it is normal for your phone to switch from 4G to 3G. What is your ZIP code and what iOS version is installed on your iPhone 5?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
greentie

I am actually having the same issue with my Iphone 5c.  The LTE network was working great for about two weeks and now my phone only goes to the 3G network.  It's constantly dropping calls and having issues streaming any type of data.  I'm pretty disappointed with this service lately, are there any other fixes? My settings are set properly as listed above.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

greentie,

Let's get your 4G service back in business! Thank you for checking your LTE settings.  Next, I would have you reset your network settings; http://vz.to/17Us9Pn

Let us know if there's any improvement.

Also, does it appear to be only happening in one area? Zip code?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Adventurousghost

Actually I'm having the same problem in my area too, is there any way to fix this?

0 Likes
greentie

Yes! The fix above that Tech Support gave worked for me!

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Adventurousghost <forums@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes
Adventurousghost

I did all of those and it seems that it's not from my phone because I do have LTE outside my area. It's just a week, so I'm wondering if there is any upgrades or any problems on my location that made this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Adventurousghost,

Thank you for testing those steps. We want you to have the best service possible though. What zipcode are you not receiving 4G in? Do you notice issues with 4G only indoors? How far do you have to travel from your home area to receive 4G service? Have you tried inserting and removing your SIM?  http://vz.to/1wNzCfD

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes