Why did my cell signal decrease with phone upgrade?
Imakeglass

Sunday I upgraded my iPhone 4S to a 5. When I got home I have found I only have 1 bar, maybe two. With my 4S I had 5 bars everywhere and even 4 when I'm in the basement. Do I need to reset it or what could be causing this? I go to work and get 5 bars, which I also did with the old phone. It stinks to spend this much money to not have the same signal I had before. I could understand if maybe I got a different brand/style phone.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did my cell signal decrease with phone upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Imakeglass,

Yikes! I have to admit, this is definitely a unique situation. Having access to your wireless service is a must at all times. I want to immediately look into this for you. For further assistance please follow me MatthewS_VZW and then DM me with your mobile phone number and account password used when contacting Customer Service via phone. Once this information is received I will be happy to review available options, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
cozak

Glad I'm not the only one seeing miserable performance since I "upgraded".  Not only have I had a diminished signal, there are areas where I used to have 5 bars and now get No Service.  I also only saw LTE service for the first day I had my device.  Now I only get 3G.  I'm ready to take my phone back.

0 Likes
kypata
Enthusiast - Level 2

I no longer have service inside my home.  My son has a 4s and has 3 bars and about the best I ever get with the 5 is 1 bar.

0 Likes