Why can't I send a text message to my daughter?
STARKAT

My daughter activated an iPhone 5s using my Apple ID because I could not figure out how to make her own and now we are not getting each other's text messages. I send her a message and it delivers to myself. She sends me a message and it only delivers to her phone? Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting Issue
Weth
Legend

Go to Settings - Messages.

Turn off iMessage and wait a few minutes. Then turn it back on and sign on with each respective AppleID. Also go to Text Message Forwarding and make sure this is not listing other devices. Finally go to Send & Receive and make sure this only lists the correct phone number, and the correct email associated with the AppleID. Also check start conversations is from the phone number of the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Because she is using your AppleID

use family sharing and get her a unique AppleID

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

0 Likes
STARKAT

I set her own apple ID up, but it did not fix the texting issue. My text only deliver to my phone and her texting only delivers to her own phone. When her friends text her I also get the text. ?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Go to Settings - Messages.

Turn off iMessage and wait a few minutes. Then turn it back on and sign on with each respective AppleID. Also go to Text Message Forwarding and make sure this is not listing other devices. Finally go to Send & Receive and make sure this only lists the correct phone number, and the correct email associated with the AppleID. Also check start conversations is from the phone number of the device.

0 Likes
STARKAT

Great. I have done this with my phone and sent out a test message to my daughter and I believe she should have received it because I did not...Yay! Both our phone numbers were listed under the Text Message Forwarding. I removed her number and I think we are good. I can't confirm till my daughter goes to lunch if she did receive my test text, but I feel like this issue has been resolved. Thank you so much!

0 Likes