Why can’t I make or receive phone calls?
redneckgrammy

I have an iPhone 5s and suddenly I have no bars and can’t make/receive messages from any device other than an iPhone or iPad. I also cannot make or receive phone calls from anyone. I can still go online and use email, but everything else is useless. Contacted support and have done everything from resetting internet to reinstalling sim card and nothing. I go from 0 bars to No Service to where I never had problems before. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can’t I make or receive phone calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your full service restored ASAP.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Jrmcswain
Enthusiast - Level 1

same problem

0 Likes
Jrmcswain
Enthusiast - Level 1

can not send SMS or receive SMS. MMS seems to work fine. Can not make or recieve most calls.

Started 18:00  18 Feb 2020

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jrmcswain, as a valued customer, your account's service concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're not able to receive and make calls with your phone. Rest assured we'll do everything we can to get this resolved. What happens when you try placing a call? How long has this been happening? Is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for that information, and we'd like to dig deeper into matter for you. Since this is a public forum, please keep in mind that Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously. Hearing that you're unable to send and receive SMS along with not being able to make and receive calls, is not the experience we ever want for you. I apologize for your inconvenience, and we're confident that we can and will resolve your service concerns. To ensure that we're providing the troubleshooting assistance specific for your account and due to the urgency of this matter, we will need account-specific information from you in order to gain access to your account. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

http://spr.ly/66011le4X

We'll look forward to hearing from you soon. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes