Why Can't People Leave Me A Voice Mail?
STEWRI50

Whenever someone tries to call my Iphone5s and I don't pick up, or I decline the call - they cannot access voicemail to leave me a message.  They only hear a very annoying, loud 2-tone beeping sound.  I have set up my voice mail and have plenty of storage available.  Any ideas for a fix?   Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Callers cannot access my voicemail on IPhone 5s - just get 2-tone beeping
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEWRI50, we don't want you to miss any important voice mail messages. Let's make sure that the call forwarding feature has not been enabled on in error. Please dial *73 from your device. You will hear a confirmation tone or message. Next, power your device off/on to soft reset it on our network. Test the voice mail feature again and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
STEWRI50

Followup - on trying to dial *86 to access setup, I get the annoying 2-tone alarm as well.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

On IPhones you don't dial into voicemail, as they use the visual program. You'd access the Phone App and then select the Voicemail Tab. Be sure to dial *73 send to turn off whatever incorrect call forwarding may be set up so your incoming calls route to voicemail instead when you don't answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEWRI50, we don't want you to miss any important voice mail messages. Let's make sure that the call forwarding feature has not been enabled on in error. Please dial *73 from your device. You will hear a confirmation tone or message. Next, power your device off/on to soft reset it on our network. Test the voice mail feature again and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEWRI50

Problem has been fixed.

Thanks, Steve

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
sslegend

Ppl get capital one when I’m unable to answer.    How are they able to take over my voicemail?    Annoying as I have missed very important business calls that cost me money because of this.   Changing providers ASAP since no solution has been found in over 4 months of this. 

0 Likes
sslegend

seems like a federal law breach

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes