Where are all my contacts using Backup Assistant?
Mpag
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to back up all contacts on my IPhone 5. I updated using the backup assistant and do not have the entire list.

On ICloud they all appear to be there. I am just trying to have a backup if my phone broke.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Where are all my contacts using Backup Assistant?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mpag
That's very odd they aren't on Back up assistant. I myself use the iCloud. I would recommend logging in under www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon mydevice back up the contacts are any in the trash?

Joe_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mpag
Enthusiast - Level 2

Joe - I checked the trash. The contacts are not the ones I currently have on my phone.

Originally I had a personal phone with contacts and a work phone with contacts.

I upgraded to an Iphone and had all the contacts from both phones copies onto the Iphone at a Verizon Store.

The contacts that are currently in backup assistant are only the ones from my personal phone.

How do I get all the contacts in the backup assistant. Maybe I do not need to do this if they are

all stored in ICloud. I just want to insure that they are backed up so I can retrieve if something

were to happen to my Iphone.

Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional info, Mpag! If I understand correctly, the contacts you have in Backup Assistant right now are not a match for what's on your phone. If that's accurate, then I recommend against attempting to synchronize with Backup Assistant out of concerns that the data that's online may override what you have on your device. Instead, use iCloud to backup what's on your device now, and THEN synchronize with Backup Assistant They should blend, bringing both your work and personal contacts into one place on your iPhone. Then, going forward, each backup with your choice (Backup Assistant or iCloud) should have an up-to-date version of your contacts list.

You can get details on iCloud at this link: https://www.icloud.com/

Dion_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mpag
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I exported all my contacts in ICloud as a vcf file.

In myVerizon backup assistant I trashed all the contacts so I

would not end up with duplicates. I them imported the vcf file and all my contacts are now there.

Sent from MPag iPhone

0 Likes