When will Verizon be getting more iPhone 5 in stock?
aem821

I ordered an Apple iPhone 5 16GB White on 9/23. The next day I received an email notifying me that the phone is currently out of stock, and that it will be shipped to me as soon as it is back in stock. Is there any estimate on when that will be? Days, weeks, months?? I had intended on canceling my old phone service with a different company and switching over to Verizon, and I don't want to waste money on another whole month of my old phone if the phone I ordered will be back in stock in a few weeks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon be getting more iPhone 5 in stock?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think I have read that Apple has discontinued the iPhone 5 of any model. There might be some available in the stock Verizon Wireless has on hand. Otherwise you might have to change/cancel the order and get the iPhone 5c instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aem821

It looks like they are back in stock again on the website, however I have not received any more emails from Verizon regarding the phone I ordered. So I'm really unsure as to what I need to do to ensure that I receive the phone. I didn't cancel my order which leaves me to believe that I should still get my phone without having to order it again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get that phone to you as quickly as possible, aem821. Have you been able to confirm the order status http://bit.ly/RjmCUB? As you can tell, these phones are in high demand at this time and we want to fulfill all orders just as soon as more become available.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aem821

When I check the order status, it says "Your order is currently being processed. You will receive an email update, sent to the address you provided, when your order status changes."

0 Likes
Iamfreezn8181

Why is the discounted upgrade price $299?  A little pricey don't you think.?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Iamfreezn8181,

I understand your price concerns! As a consumer myself, I always look for the best possible deal when it comes to upgrading my phone. The discount is normally based on the full retail price of a device. If price is a big concern, please visit us online at http://vz.to/gsf4pX and I can assure you that you will find other phone options at lower prices. We even have some devices for free with your 2 year agreement. Call #UPG on your phone to confirm your upgrade eligibility date. Have a great day!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
aem821

Since it doesn't look like the phone I ordered will be back in stock any time soon, is it too late to cancel the order and get a different phone instead?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there aem821!

I completely understand needing your device sooner. I will be delighted to review your account and see what we can do with your current order. I've followed you. Please hover over my icon and follow me back. Then send me a direct message with your first and last name, phone number, account verification (password or last 4 of account holders social) and I can check for you!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes