Weird LTE reception/battery drain issue
Voiceofasoul

The past three days my phone has been really jumpy with its reception during the day.  While I'm at work (where my LTE signal is typically maxed out, with little or no fluctuation), the reception will start at five bars, LTE.  Then it will drop to just one or two, 3G.  Then I'll get the "O".  Finally, it will settle in at two bars, LTE, however none of my data (internet, apps, etc.) will load/refresh.  I've watched my battery drain as much as 30% in roughly 40 minutes - even after I give up and quit messing with it after about 5 minutes.  What the heck is going on??  I don't know if it's a phone issue or a service issue, but it has been crippling.  On top of that, I'm worried that I may not be receiving calls/texts/voicemails because the phone acts like it's essentially "frozen" once it stays at the two bars LTE. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weird LTE reception/battery drain issue
Voiceofasoul

I should add that once I am home and on WiFi, the phone works great and the battery does not drain at such a ridiculous speed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voiceofasoul, we can certainly get to the bottom of this mystery! Is this still occuring? Do you notice it only in the office or everywhere you use your phone? Please reset your network settings http://bit.ly/OPvlTq and retest. You can also remove your SIM card for about 30 seconds and re-insert. If still having issues and only around work, let me know the zip code.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Voiceofasoul,

You deserve reliable service everywhere you go! I can only imagine how frustrated this must be for you and I'm here to help.

What's the zip code where you're experiencing these challenges?

Try this http://vz.to/12Cr35A and retest. Keep me posted.

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Voiceofasoul

I've performed the network reset twice now. It doesn't seem to have made any difference. The zip code for the problem area is 76712. Thanks.

0 Likes