Warning - warranty on iphone 5s through Verizon
vgib

Be aware when signing up for Verizon's warranty.   They will want to send you a like new even if this is under Apple's mfg warranty.   My husbands phone was having issues so he took it to the verizon store.  It is less than 2 months old.   They told him they would send him a new phone.   When it arrived, we were shocked that they sent us a like new phone.   In calling Verizon, I experienced the worst in customer service.   In speaking with the customer service manager, she tried to belittle me buy saying "why do you expect that you should receive a new phone when you have used the one you currently have".   I explained because it was under the manufacturers warranty and that it was defective and not our issue.  She continued to talk over me without listening to my side and being very condescending.   At the end, I shared that I had never been treated so rudely and that we would be switching our service.   She changed her tune slightly but not much. 

We took the Apple store today and they told us in fact that there was an issue with our phone and that they would replace with a new phone as it was under warranty.  Amazing.   Apple Store customer service = 10, Verizon = 1.    Be aware....don't accept Verizon's like new when your phone is still under manufacturer's warranty.   Addtionally, there is no place to voice concerns like this as I had already spoken to the "manager".  So disappointed in Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes