Voicemail on 5s not working and no visual voicemail
Slimwriter

Have new 5s and new account with verizon and am not receiving voicemails and visual voice mail not working.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail on 5s not working and no visual voicemail
cabozz6
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone 5s had the same visual voicemail problem!!! I have had the phone for a week and only found out this weekend that there were voicemails that I didn't even know about!!!

I talked to two different tech support people at Verizon today. The first one was giving me all the same solutions that I had already read about on Google and this forum. I sure didn't want to have to do a hard reset for a brand new phone. That's what I kept having to do for my former carrier (Sprint....ugh) for the whole year that I had an iPhone with them.

Well, I decided to call back one more time and I talked to Gregg at tech support. HE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!

He said that my voice mail was routing to Verizon's voicemail system rather than to the iPhone.  Apparently, android users pay extra for visual voicemail, but it comes automatically with iPhone. Anyway, he rerouted my voicemail, and I got the first notification I've had for voicemail since I had the phone!!!!!

I told Gregg that I would post this good news on the forum, and I told him to PLEASE get the info out to all the other tech support people at Verizon. Who knows how long this might have been a problem (forever!) if Gregg hadn't answered my call! THANKS GREGG!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slimwriter, that is great ot hear that you just joined us! I can understand how this can put a damper on your experience. Have you gone through the following steps for set up: http://vz.to/1dITgN4 ? Have you had any other issues w/ the device? Please keep us posted.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
cabozz6
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone 5s had the same visual voicemail problem!!! I have had the phone for a week and only found out this weekend that there were voicemails that I didn't even know about!!!

I talked to two different tech support people at Verizon today. The first one was giving me all the same solutions that I had already read about on Google and this forum. I sure didn't want to have to do a hard reset for a brand new phone. That's what I kept having to do for my former carrier (Sprint....ugh) for the whole year that I had an iPhone with them.

Well, I decided to call back one more time and I talked to Gregg at tech support. HE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!

He said that my voice mail was routing to Verizon's voicemail system rather than to the iPhone.  Apparently, android users pay extra for visual voicemail, but it comes automatically with iPhone. Anyway, he rerouted my voicemail, and I got the first notification I've had for voicemail since I had the phone!!!!!

I told Gregg that I would post this good news on the forum, and I told him to PLEASE get the info out to all the other tech support people at Verizon. Who knows how long this might have been a problem (forever!) if Gregg hadn't answered my call! THANKS GREGG!!!!!!!

0 Likes
mrmarkhendrick

I have the same issue and I have a feeling that cabozz6 solution will help.

For the VZW support people: I would like to know if you HAVE TO have cellular activity on to use visual voicemail.  I turned mine off to avoid overages and my voicemail that was working reverted to the issue Slimwriter is having.  I get a red badge that pops up on my phone app when I have a voicemail, but no # in it or ability to see it on the voicemail part of the phone app.

This also seems to be affecting my MMS messaging.  Even when connected to wifi, I can't send a message if my cellular activity is turned off in the settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to have the cellular data connection turned on in order to send and receive MMS messages as well as to get your Visual Voicemail system to work correctly.

You can always turn on the data connection when you need it and turn it off when finished.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

FSODERGREN

Same issue as noted by these folks. I've followed the directions in the link above, and in-store service had no solution. Any other ideas? Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
ccoc39

WTF...I have the same problem...'come on man', why didn't Verizon tell me about this problem before I signed the contract!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Because you are responsible for your voicemail on an Apple iPhone.

Use the links I posted above. Step by step which is really easy to get voicemail working.

Good Luck

0 Likes
LittleMonkey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kudos Ann 154,

After hours of searching, suggestions to reset all my data, pay Apple 19.00 for a one-time support call, get a newer iPhone, change all my carrier settings, etc., FINALLY a simple BRILLIANT response that works! I cannot thank you enough.

Best Regards,

Little Monkey

0 Likes