Verizon you better make this right or you will lose a customer for life!
EvanZ

Here's my story. Midnight Friday I stay up and order a Gold 16 GB 5S at approximately 12:01 am. The confirmation says it will ship on 9/24. Yesterday (on 9/24) I finally get an e-mail telling me there has been a delay and the phone won't ship until 10/7.

This morning I call Verizon and inquire about the delay. The customer service rep (#1 of 3 total I will end up speaking with) tells me that Apple screwed everyone and that he's looking at a chart and it says my phone should ship on 10/7. However, he also says that if you ordered a 32GB phone, it will ship on 9/30. So, naturally, I ask him what if I upgrade to a 32GB phone now, is it possible for me to get the phone shipped sooner? He tells me he thinks so, but he needs to talk to his supervisor.

After talking with his supervisor, he says it is possible. I just need to CANCEL MY ORDER and place a new one for the 32GB gold version, and I will get it shipped on 9/30. But I ask won't that make me lose my place "in line" if I cancel the order. He says NO, YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON IT. I ask him again just to be extra sure. He continues to reassure me, telling me that he will note it in my file that I canceled the order and should not lose my place. Ok, great.

So then he transfers me to customer service rep #2 (remember, I said there were 3 total). This guy says I can place the order, but he can only ship it to the address on my account, which is not the address I wanted it to ship to. This seems odd, because my original order (REMEMBER THAT I CANCELED) was going to ship to the correct address. He continues to insist that he cannot change the address and has to hand me off to another customer rep. Before I have a chance to say anything, it's on to #3...

Now with customer service rep #3, before I even get to the address issue, she tells me that my order was canceled and basically I have START OVER AS IF I HAD NEVER PLACED AN ORDER. In other words, I lost my f*cking place in line! I plead with her and tell her that I was told in no uncertain terms by the first rep that I would not lose my place in line. I ask her, "Was that guy lying to me?" She just says that she's sorry and that I should place the new order online and maybe I will get the phone in October or November. There was nothing she could do.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME VERIZON? I mean, this is lunacy the way this is being handled. You better make this right with me, or I swear to god, you will lose me for life. I've been on Verizon for years. But no more.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon you better make this right or you will lose a customer for life!
EvanZ

Welp, Verizon couldn't make things right.

So I had to switch carriers. Adios Verizon, hope you learn to take better care of your customers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon you better make this right or you will lose a customer for life!
mpc8240
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I thought.

Good luck! Just checked out att.com. The gold or silver iPhone 5S are *not* available to choose at all, only space gray ones! S*B VZW hijacked its customers here!

0 Likes