Verizon royaly dropped the ball. But hey, they said sorry 1000 times
keithsherbaugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered a 16gig Black iPhone from Verizon online on 09/28. I received my order conformation with a 10/26 ship date. I woke up this morning, 10/8 to an email stating my order was cancelled !!!!!:eek

I immediately called VZW to resolve the issue. I was on hold for over 35 minutes waiting to speak with someone, finally I hung up and called telesales.

Wouldn't you know it I got right through.

I explained to the nice rep what had happened and how I jumped the gun and sold my Galaxy Note on the 28th so I was phone less. The rep apologized profusely and laid out my options. Or should I say option?

I was told she could see no reason for the cancellation. She also told be she could re order my phone but it would not ship until 11/2 at the earliest!!

I politely informed the rep that this was Verizon's error not mine and now due to their mistake I would be even longer without a phone. At this point I asked to speak to supervisor.

The supervisor got on, apologized a million times and suggested I go to a VZW retail store and he would note my account to give me priority for an iPhone. I explained that not one store in the tri state area had any.

The supervisor then advised me that he would note my account that I was upset. LOL. He told me he was from retentions but he could do nothing for my order that he was just handling overflow.

So I ask him, If you are with retentions what can you do for this MAJOR inconvenience that is making me not want to order again and to yank my other  line?

His answer, NOTHING! Customer service at its best NOT!

Verizon this is not acceptable! Not in the least! I ended up lucking out at Best Buy. Someone cancelled their pre order. I wanted the black model and the only one they had was white so instead of waiting ANOTHER 3 to 4 weeks I jumped!  Thanks for nothing Verizon!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon royaly dropped the ball. But hey, they said sorry 1000 times
jivizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Airlines push off from the dock to have ontime departures. Sounds like some twisted version of that in telco land. Maybe one day we can bid. Ofor queue position by cancelling orders ahead of us? Sorry for your grief.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if they will do anything but you might be able to get some sort of credit on your account. Of course, it won't fix the issue...but it might be better than nothing at all.

Another option you may have is to let them still do whatever they need to in order to fill your order...but it all depends on how long that will take. If a local store that has you on their priority list gets the specific model and color that you originally wanted in time then you can get it and return the one you got from Best Buy (you'd need to know the return period for Best Buy. I know when I got my 4s it was 30 days, but that may or may not still be the case).

Sorry you had to go through all of that...but at least you were able to get a phone in your hands instead of having to be without one!

Tidbits
Legend

If they canceled your order  you can walk into Apple, BestBuy, RadioShack, or any authorized retailer and do the upgrade that way.  People have had great odds going to RS because a lot of people don't realize they sell the iPhone there.

keithsherbaugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like I said, I got one at Best Buy because someone cancelled their pre order. I wanted black but it is white. At least I have a phone. The rep suggested and is fully aware that I will be back as soon as they get more stock to return it for a black model.

As for going to Best Buy Apple Radio Shack or a VZW authorized retailer, I called literally every one in the state and they are out. I just think that Apple dropped the ball for not having enough stock and Verizon is royally dropping the ball by cancelling orders and pushing established ship dates back.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Honestly, I think sales far exceeded their initial expectations...it sold far more in the first hour of pre-orders than the previous 2 iPhones. Plus if I'm not mistaken there is a strike going on or planned at the major facility that builds the iPhone so that may also play in to it. It was a high demand device...so delays were likely to be expected. But I do think they should have made the wait between announcement to actual release longer...so more supply could have been made. But something tells me people wouldn't have liked them waiting longer than they usually do.

mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

I don't see where this is a VZW error. You ordered a high in demand device after it came out knowing there was a delay. You sold your phone without having this one yet. You are mad because your time without a phone was extended? Because of supply and demand? And you escalated to a Verizon sup who has no control of ordering and shipping times? Did you expect him or her to have a phone in their drawer for you? Or maybe a cookie? Quite laughable, lad. Get over it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I think they mentioned that their order was canceled in error by VZW, which is why they are upset because THAT is what caused a longer than anticipated time frame they would have been without a device. VZW made the initial error without any explanation...and from what was stated, they admitted that the order never should have been canceled. Unless I am completely misunderstanding...

mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

yeah I would be upset if Ford announced the new focus, and I sold my car in anticipation, only to find out my order was delayed or cancelled. whose fault is it that i sold my car in anticipation? Fords? No, ITS MINE. just like the posted sold their phone in ANTICIPATION of a device that they havent seen, tested, checked out, etc. I have no sympathy for stupidity. I understand if you complain that the phone hasnt arrived yet, where is it, etc, but to complain that "i have no phone to use" thats your fault, not Verizons or anyone elses. Take liability for your actions.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I don't think their anger is based only on not having a phone (or what would have happened had they not found an alternative)...they seemed to admit that they prematurely sold their previous device. What I get from their post is that they were upset that due to VZW error they would go longer than they were initially supposed to without a device. Now if they were upset that they had to wait at all then that's different, but I think they were upset about the additional time that would not have happened if their order was not cancelled by VZW incorrectly. They would have had no phone to use for longer than they were supposed to because of that error...which was by no fault of their own. Should they have waited until they received the device to sell the previous one? Perhaps, but if they were positive that the iPhone 5 was the device they intended to stick with then there was nothing wrong with them selling their other device based on expected delivery date they originally had. Now if something other than an incorrect cancellation had occurred (production delay, shipping issues that were unavoidable, etc) then yes, that would have been the risk the OP chose to take and couldn't place the blame on VZW. Or, if the cancellation occurred because of something on the OP's end (declined payment or billing error for example).

0 Likes