Re: Verizon is billing me for data I simply DID NOT USE - huge unexplainable usage every 6 hours - and no one can explain it
El-Django

I cant believe it, just I upgrade to 5c iphone and just few minutes ago I had to upgrade to 6GB, because I got 95% data usage, we need to do something all everybody, like return those devices till they fix it, let me know next step...

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is billing me for data I simply DID NOT USE - huge unexplainable usage every 6 hours - and no one can explain it
ByteMe95

can you start by logging into your account and view your data usage. Do

you see the same unexplained 6 hour pattern?

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

Hey... did you see my YT vid here?...  I can't guarantee you won't need to upgrade your data cap, because that would depend on how you use the network.  But I do think you can reduce your data use by following my steps here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47CM06N5gIo

Its NOT a perfect solution though if you want a feature-rich "smart" phone, with everything enabled on an LTE network.

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

... and further, if you want a feature-rich smart phone on LTE, without paying for a high-G data plan... SWITCH TO AT&T (return the phone to Verizon immediately).  Don't worry about the ~$30 re-stocking fee @ Verizon store, you'll come out ahead in ONE VERIZON BILLING CYCLE.  The iphone 5 models do not have this problem on AT&Ts LTE network.

lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI...would LOVE to watch your video...just too concerned about how much data is would use. 

halltv

Just upgraded to apple 5s phone. I am also getting auto data usage draws that are not from my use.

Twice a day, 12 hours apart, data draw happens when in a wifi area  and also phone not in use(sleep mode). looking for answers.  Have spent lots of phone time with Verizon, Apple, and Norton. None have been able to explain other than yes it is coming from the phone and yes we have to pay for the usage.

IMG_1059.JPG

0 Likes
Not applicable

you do realize sleep mode shut off wi-fi and turns on mobile data. You do realize Iphones have all sorts of apps that constantly update in the background unless you disable them. I don't know about Iphone but android phones can tell you which apps are using the most data so it's pretty clear what's using it.

0 Likes
halltv

just found out about wifi being turned off.  will follow that some more.  I can see which apps are using data, just not which one, if an app itself, was doing an auto 12 hour interval apart data use.  I can not explain the 3:09 am and 3:09 pm data draws, along with the 9:09 am/pm data draws on 2/23 bill and just about every day, twice a day.

0 Likes
momkz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every 6 hours is a cyclical event and doesn't explain your comment nor does it offer a fix.  The thing is regardless if I have the 5c iphone in my hand, it uses data while I am on wifi at my house. 

sars1138
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have your tried reformating the iphone, made its a rouge app on the phone or a poorly excuted update on ios

also you can turn of cell data completely in settings and if you notice and app not workng when mobile data is off that could be your culprit

0 Likes