Re: Verizon admits error in cancelling my order and offers no restitution
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So you switched plans before you got the phone, or maybe added a line to get the phone?  If you don't get the iPhone, I take it you no longer need the Family Plan?  You'd think that under the circumstances Verizon would move you back to your previous plan, but that almost seems too logical, huh?

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

If you added a line at the same time you got the phone, that means the order obviously went through and I would say you can get your money back because they failed to honor your order.

Edit to add.....If this is the way your order was placed, tell them you are cancelling your order because they failed to fill it and you want a full refund. Tell them in writing for a record....email and save a copy to your sent folder.

0 Likes
VerizonDamagesRestitu

As I wrote before, I am still waiting for a Verizon Representative to call me back.  The reimbursement for a change of plans is a side issue that I will address later in this post.  When I explain in greater depth about my issue concerning reimbursement, then maybe you will understand. 

I really want this thread to be mostly about Verizon's ordering process and their failure to accept responsibility.  There are always two sides of every story and this is what community@verizonwireless.com has to write so far (apparently this Representative doesn't know the entire story):

"Lets back up here a second, for starters your order issn't even an order, your not charged untill you actually have the phone shiped out, so techincally, your return window never started to miss, they don't charge iphone 5's till they leave there warehouse, check your bank acct if you don't belive me.

chances are you didn't accept Terms and conditions, which is possible, or your card was declined, both would cancel out your order when it was set to ship."

We can rule out the fact that I didn't accept the Terms and Conditions because I have an email from Verizon stating that my order is in progress after I successfully accepted the Terms and Conditions.  As mentioned by Verizon, the other possible situation is my card was declined and, therefore, my order was cancelled.  Indeed, my card was declined, but through not fault of own.  As everyone knows, credit card companies routinely decline charges that appear to be suspicious. 

After I was notified of a "suspicious" Verizon charge, I immediately contacted my credit card company and explained that the Verizon charge was legitimate.  A representative from my credit card company put me on a conference call with a Verizon representative.  During the conference call, the Representative from my card company assured me that my card was in excellent standing.  The card company Representative asked the Verizon Representative to put a special notation for my account that my card could be charged successfully for my order.  The Representative from Verizon claimed that my credit card would be charged again before my iPhone 5 was shipped.  At this point, I thought everything would be okay with my order, but of course everything was not okay.   

My credit card was never charged again for my iPhone 5 and my order was irrevocably cancelled.  I don't think Verizon should irrevocably cancel an order on the basis of a very routine event, such as a card declined for a suspicious charge.  I completely explained everything to the Verizon Representative on the phone and the Representative even agreed that Verizon was at fault.  I like that fact, at least, one Verizon Representative admits they are at fault, but Verizon still offers me no solution and evades taking full responsibility. 

Verizon should reinstate my prior order and ship my iPhone 5 out as scheduled.  Instead, Verizon wants to put me at the back of the line and have me wait  for close to a month for my iPhone 5.  My fear is Verizon will expect me to adjust my plan to compensate for their error and this would take too much of my time.  As I mentioned before, they didn't seem too willing to help me over the phone with my order.  I can either choose to temporarily accept the higher charges of a Family Plan until my iPhone 5 arrives and be charged extra for no just cause, or temporarily switch between a Family Plan and the  Individual Plan to avoid excessive charges.  

0 Likes
VerizonDamagesRestitu

You may be correct that I will get my money back but I am quickly losing confidence in Verizon.  It is 5:37 pm and the Verizon Representative never called me back as she said she would.  I asked the Representative to call me back 1 hour before she ended her shift and she hasn't called me on my Verizon cell phone.    

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Don't hold your breath for verizon to call you back. If it was 5 years ago, I would say they probably would....today I would say nope.

VerizonDamagesRestitu

I wish it were the fault of the credit card company because I can easily replace my credit card.  Instead of attempting to charge my card a second time as Verizon agreed upon, they irrevocably cancelled my order.  The Verizon Representative I spoke to over the phone even admitted Verizon was in error for cancelling my order.  The company for my credit card simply did what all card companies do which is deny any transaction that looks suspicious.  I don't think we can blame the credit card company whatsoever.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

VerizonDamagesRestituitionQues wrote:

As I wrote before, I am still waiting for a Verizon Representative to call me back.  The reimbursement for a change of plans is a side issue that I will address later in this post.  When I explain in greater depth about my issue concerning reimbursement, then maybe you will understand. 

I really want this thread to be mostly about Verizon's ordering process and their failure to accept responsibility.  There are always two sides of every story and this is what community@verizonwireless.com has to write so far (apparently this Representative doesn't know the entire story):

"Lets back up here a second, for starters your order issn't even an order, your not charged untill you actually have the phone shiped out, so techincally, your return window never started to miss, they don't charge iphone 5's till they leave there warehouse, check your bank acct if you don't belive me.

chances are you didn't accept Terms and conditions, which is possible, or your card was declined, both would cancel out your order when it was set to ship."

~snipped~

What you have quoted above is something that was written in response to your discussion on the Verizon Wireless Community Forum which is a PEER to PEER customer public forum.  You have been reading the responses from customer like yourself and a VZW rep hasn't posted a response to your question yet in the discussion.  You were receiving emails for any of the activity on your Communication Tab on the VZW community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VerizonDamagesRestitu

Yes, I am starting to learn.  Thanks for your information. 

0 Likes
VerizonDamagesRestitu

If the person who wrote that quotation is not a Verizon representative, then sorry for my mistake.  About the quotation, I don't really understand the point that my order is not an order, until my card is charged.  If any company takes my credit card information and tells me they will ship something by a specific date, doesn't that sound like an order?  Whether it is really an order, pre-order, or called something else, I don't think matters.  Verizon should not have irrevocably dropped my order/pre-order for no just cause.  As for billing, I am not accusing Verizon of incorrectly billing my account, but I already see charges for my new plan, Nationwide TLK&TXT Share 700.  Should I trust Verizon for billing after Verizon irrevocably cancelled my order (no just reason) and never called me back as promised?      

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@VerizonDamagesRestituitionQues

It certainly sounds like there was a large speed bump in the road to your iPhone. As Ann154 mentioned, this is normally a Peer-to-Peer forum, but I wanted to jump in from Verizon Wireless Customer Service and see if you've received the call you were waiting for this weekend and if your iPhone is on your way. If you're still having trouble with getting your iPhone order, please Follow & then Direct Message me your mobile number so we can finally get the iPhone on it's way to your door.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes