Verizon admits error in cancelling my order and offers no restitution
VerizonDamagesRestitu

I ordered an iPhone 5 and Verizon admits that my order was automatically cancelled by mistake.  I asked a Verizon representative, "who cancelled the order and why?"  The Representative claimed no explanation was given for the Cancellation.  According to the Representative, my order was simply cancelled by the Verizon ordering system and not directly by a person.  

Instead of offering to reactivate my cancelled order, the Representative offered to create a new order and have me wait another month for iPhone 5 delivery.  I explained to the Representative that reordering will be extremely inconvenient because I will out of the country.  The Representative will contact her manager, but she already knows from past experience that her manager will not do anything to help me.  

Verizon is now charging me for an iPhone 5 plan except without an iPhone 5.  Verizon profits from their mistakes and offers no restitution, except to say they are "sorry for the inconvenience."  If I thought other cell-phone carriers treat their customer with more respect than Verizon, I would switch to another carrier, but I have my doubts about other carriers. 

I am considering just living without the expense and inconvenience of an iPhone plan.  I am disgusted with the way Verizon treats their customers.  Their attitude is their problem is your responsibility so just live with it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon admits error in cancelling my order and offers no restitution
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

I believe you only have 30 days to change your plan back if your plan was changed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually it is 14 days in which the change a customers plan back. It is tied to the return policy return period.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

So how does it work if a person has not got the phone yet? It is 14 days from activation right? I'm trying to understand how the OP is being charged without getting the phone. Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's 14 days from date of purchase

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VerizonDamagesRestituitionQues wrote:

Verizon is now charging me for an iPhone 5 plan except without an iPhone 5.  Verizon profits from their mistakes and offers no restitution, except to say they are "sorry for the inconvenience."  If I thought other cell-phone carriers treat their customer with more respect than Verizon, I would switch to another carrier, but I have my doubts about other carriers. 

I am considering just living without the expense and inconvenience of an iPhone plan.

What do you mean by an 'iPhone 5 plan"?  When you placed your order, were you upgrading from a basic phone?

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

So let me get this straight. You can buy a phone from verizon.com and verizon can take their sweet time mailing it to you and it voids their 14 day policy because they failed to get you the phone in time? If this is true, it is false advertising.

They should absolutely be forced to list a no return policy, not a 14 day return policy.

0 Likes
VerizonDamagesRestitu

As of now, I can't definitively state that Verizon will not reimburse me for a change of plans.  I will know later today after the Verizon Representative calls me.  Judging from the way Verizon handled my order, I am not holding my breath to get reimbursed for my change of plans. 

0 Likes
VerizonDamagesRestitu

I changed from an individual to family plan. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is what it is. Smiley Sad

"You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii)."

"You may terminate service for any reason within 14 days of activation."

https://m.verizonwireless.com/Notice/ReturnPolicy

0 Likes