Verizon Service is getting worse and worse
GrayMatter71
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been Verizon customers for approximately 15 years and have lived in various locations throughout NH during that time. For the last 5 1/2 years we have been located in southern NH. About 6 months ago we suddenly stopped getting cell service at our home location. Calls constantly drop or do not connect at all. If we're lucky enough to connect, the caller generally cannot hear a word we're saying. We now have to stand over the kitchen sink, leaning toward the window in order to get ANY reception at all.

We did call and place a "trouble ticket" which NOBODY ever bothered to follow up with us on, which is terrible customer service.  During that call, Verizon's response was, " for $250 we'll sell you something that "might" make it better". This seems like a tactic to get customers who already spend nearly $300 a month on service to spend yet more money with Verizon. It was not a solution that I was pleased with.

Now, suddenly, we no can no longer get/send texts reliably either. This happens in ALL locations. It takes literally DAYS for my messages to be received/delivered. An then Verizon is nice enough to bombard us with duplicates of said messages.

What's going on with Verizon's service? We've been fine for 5 years without any trouble and now suddenly NOTHING works?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Verizon Service is getting worse and worse
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Morning GrayMatter71. I'm really sorry to hear about the service issues you are experiencing in New Hampshire. It's very important for us to see that you are able to make and receive calls, as well as text messages. You pay good money for your cell service, and we aim to make sure you are able to use your services at home, and around the areas you may visit.

You mentioned that there was a ticket set up to help review your home area. Are the call and text issues only occurring at home, or are they also being experienced outdoors as well? How about your work area, or surrounding locations near your home town? What zip code are you located in?

The Network Extender is offered to help improve signal at home, where service cannot be properly guaranteed. It's backed by a 14 day worry free guarantee, as we do not want you to keep an accessory that you may not satisfied with. The set up is quick and easy, and signal improvement is noticed right away from home, to help determine if this is an accessory you will be happy with to help improve your home's cellular coverage.

If you have any additional questions we're here to help out! Thank you GrayMatter71. We look forward to working with you. Take care, and may everyone have a great weekend as well.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GrayMatter71
Enthusiast - Level 2

We live in the Brookline area, zip code 03033. The service is an issue throughout the entire town. When driving, we are not able to place a call until we reach either Hollis (east) Milford (north) or Townsend MA (south). The most annoying thing is that this is a recent problem, and not something we feel we should pay $250 to correct.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the information. I do notice that service may have opportunities in the area. The topography of the area may be causing many of the concerns in this general area. A network extender is a fantastic investment to help improve service indoors. http://vz.to/IHRT6h

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GrayMatter71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you suggesting that our topography has changed? That seems pretty unlikely to me.

AGAIN I will state that we did not previously have issues. This is clearly a VERIZON PROBLEM and sending me a link to a $250 solution isn't really acceptable to me.

It's is pretty obvious that Verizon does not care that LOYAL customers for OVER 15 YEARS are going to leave and get their service from someone else (This can be done with no penalty as I understand from you CS team that Brookline is now classified as an "outlier" community - guess THAT tells us something too - doesn't it!?) It would be great if Verizon would just be HONEST and say that "YES you've decided NOT to provide reliable service to the Brookline area - please cancel your contract without penalty and go find another provider!!!"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details GrayMatter71. We aren't suggesting that the topography changed. There are other factors that may contribute to performance changes, such as tower traffic and capacity, the tuning of the towers and roaming agreements with other providers. The zip code you have referenced shows large areas of extended network and some no service areas. In addition there are overlapping sections of 4G/3G. In these type of areas, we don't own or operate the towers, which makes our control limited. The network extender works well in these types of areas to boost signal strength in and around your home. We don't want to lose your valued business. I'm sorry we don't have current plans for additional coverage in this area. We are happy to review the best price on a network extender if you send us a PM.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ssl001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues..over the last few weeks all my calls dropping or unable to connect at all and my texts with pics not going through at all.  I have had the same phone and lived in the same place for years and all of the sudden this is happening.   The same thing is happening to my neighbor who has a different model iPhone.   I see a lot of posts on the same topic but Verizon isn't acknowledging the change in service levels/problems.  *228 does not work.

Verizon, if it is network capacity are you doing anything to address it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ssl001,

Let's get you the speeds you need. I would be upset too if I wasn't getting the best service. Thank you for trying *228 that is a great step. What iPhone are you using? What is your zip code? Have you tried resettings your network settings? If not, please go to settings, general, reset and reset network settings. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ssl001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. Thanks for your message.  I have done the reset as well and there was no change.  This is definitely a change in coverage in my home location (zip 01944) since my phone works great in other locations as it did before. My neighbor is also experiencing the same issues at her home and has contacted your customer service as well. I have iPhone 4 and she has a 5. 

Any suggestions?

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these additional details, ssl001. Looking over the coverage map, I can definitely see where some areas may experience issues, especially at indoor locations. By chance, have we set up a ticket for your area, to ensure that the tower is working optimally, or if other factors are contributing to your service issues? If we haven't, please send us a PM so we may work together in setting one up for you. Thank you, ssl001.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes