Verizon Service Cancellation, Keep Phone?
après_la_pluie

I bought a 5s three days ago on a new two-year contract.  Unfortunately, I'm not especially pleased with the "share everything" plan's cost, especially when I would forego unlimited calls for a lower price.  Unfortunately, I'm not old enough to take advantage of Verizon's 65 Plus plans 😕

So, I am still within the 14 day return period, but I managed to snag a 64gb gold 5s and would like to keep it.  If I were to cancel my service before the 14 day grace period is up, would I be able to keep the phone by paying the difference b/w the cost of the phone and the subsidized price I paid (plus the $35 activation)?  Or would I have to wait til the 15th day and incur the ETF on top of a non-prorated service charge+activation?  Either way is fine so long as I can keep the phone. I just want to know how this works. 

The thing is, I purchased the phone from the Apple store, which has a 30 day device return policy on iPhones. When I purchased the phone I didn't know I could have gotten it at full price instead of subsidized with activation.  Unfortunately, it's too late for that now...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Service Cancellation, Keep Phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@après_la_pluie

I am saddened to hear that you are not happy with the plan options we have to offer and that you're looking to discontinue service with us!  I would love the opportunity to go over plan options with you so that you're not only happy with your device, but also able to enjoy it on the nation's largest, most reliable network.  How many lines of service do you currently have with us?  Which Shared Data plan option did you choose at the time of purchase?

To address your concerns about the cancellation policy, if you purchased your iPhone at an Apple Store, you have 30 days from the original date of purchase to return your device for a full refund.  Keep in mind, the device would have to be returned within the 30 days to avoid being charged the $350 early termination fee.  With that being said, if you decide to keep the equipment and terminate service you will be charged the early termination fee.  This would still apply if service is terminated within the 30 day return period.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
après_la_pluie

....Also, if I terminated service after only a few days would the ESN still be clean so long as I paid the charges?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@après_la_pluie

I am saddened to hear that you are not happy with the plan options we have to offer and that you're looking to discontinue service with us!  I would love the opportunity to go over plan options with you so that you're not only happy with your device, but also able to enjoy it on the nation's largest, most reliable network.  How many lines of service do you currently have with us?  Which Shared Data plan option did you choose at the time of purchase?

To address your concerns about the cancellation policy, if you purchased your iPhone at an Apple Store, you have 30 days from the original date of purchase to return your device for a full refund.  Keep in mind, the device would have to be returned within the 30 days to avoid being charged the $350 early termination fee.  With that being said, if you decide to keep the equipment and terminate service you will be charged the early termination fee.  This would still apply if service is terminated within the 30 day return period.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes