Upgrade to iphone5 using moms upgrade (not same account)
bvw0303

My moms account and phone are eligible for an upgrade, she has told me i can use this upgrade for my birthday coming up. How do i go about purchasing the iphone 5 with her upgrade and switching it over to my line, also will i be able to ensure i have insurance on the device on my account and will I be able to restore her plan to the same it was before the upgrade

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to iphone5 using moms upgrade (not same account)
rcschnoor
Legend

When you purchase the phone on her account, it will most likely have to be activated on her account momentarily, otherwise, she will get hit with the difference in the discounted price and the full retail price on her bill.

As to insurance, you will not be able to purchase insurance thru Verizon as you are not the original owner. I would think you will be able to puchase Apple Care thru Apple, though. This will not protect you for loss/theft, though.

You should be able to swtich her line to what it was prior to the upgrade, unless she currently has unlimited data on a smartphone. If she does, she would have to either switch to tiered data or go on the Share Everything plan.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to iphone5 using moms upgrade (not same account)
bvw0303

That sounds about right for what we have done in the past the only thing i am hung up on is the deal with the insurance I feel as thought we could still get asurian insurance throught verizon once i activate the phone on my account but i can not remember if that was a true or not

0 Likes