Upgrade to iPhone 5 and keep unlimited data.. will this work???
feedlebum

Here is my situation..

The wife and I upgraded to the iPhone 4's right when Verizon got them, and got the unlimited data plan.  Now as I understand it, to upgrade to the iPhone 5 directly, I have to choose a new plan since unlimited is no longer offered, or I can purchase a new phone at full retail or from a 3rd party and still keep the unlimited.

Now, we have been planning to get 2 more lines for our oldest sons this year.  Our current plan is in my wifes name. I think I should be able to start a NEW account in my name, order 2 iPhone5's with the shared plan and get them all activated.  Then simply switch phones.

I see no problem with doing this.. but there may be some fine print somewhere. 

Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to iPhone 5 and keep unlimited data.. will this work???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

why not just add two lines to your current plan and have the two new phones on tiered data plans (i.e., $30 for 2 GB)?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to iPhone 5 and keep unlimited data.. will this work???
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Ok here is what you do. get 2 new lines and get the iPhone 5 for those 2 new lines.then move the iPhone's 5 to y'all's lines. then give your kids yalls old iphones this should work anything else may make you lose your unlimited data. for the 2 new lines yes you will have to day for data..

Hope this helps

0 Likes