Updated status
mpc83
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I checked my pre order it now says

Order Status:We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet.
Expected Ship Date:10/05/2012

and I ordered as soon as pre orders started.  My credit card now shows a pending charge and credit for the same amount.  If I go through the other order status check. It now shows some weird tracking number and MD6 as the courier??

I attached screen shots of both screens

And of course Verizon is closed. I better be getting my phone on the 21st not the 5th or I am going to cancel my order and just stay with ATT this is ridiculous!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Updated status
Akisato
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even if you were to cancel and order on ATT, you wouldn't get it by the 21st either way, maybe not even by the 5th of October if you order this late...

0 Likes
tehpud

your phone will arrive to you on the 21st from the looks of it and from personal/prior experience. 

0 Likes
mpc83
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just searching and I read that it means the credit card was declined and the weird tracking number is actually my ip address.  I think they pushed my order back to the next pre order group.  What BS no call or email or anything, and I called today and explained to a rep that my billing address was different than my shipping so I wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue when charging my card.  They said everything was fine, obviously it's not!!   I know verizon is busy but this sucks, I know if I cancel and stay with ATT I will wait longer for a new phone but I don't care I don't want to give verizon my business if this bumps my order back two weeks!!! 

0 Likes
carpediemgal
Contributor - Level 1

You won't be sorry if you go with Verizon.  Just be patient.  I have been with them like... FOREVER.  The service is better than any and I have tried most of them earlier on.  My cousin and her children all have AT&T and when they come to my house in VA (they live in TN) they keep staring at their phones....waiting for a signal...saying it isn't strong enough..they will try again later and give that big frown as they try to do whatever they were doing.......

0 Likes
mpc83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Them not having a 24 hours call center is terrible for as big of company as they are.  I waited up all night to pre order just to make sure I get it on the 21st and now I have to sit here and deal with this and just guess what is going to happen until I can call tomorrow and then prob not believe what the rep is going to tell me anyway.

0 Likes
mpc83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well looks like I have to get up and call Verizon and hope they can fix the issue and I can still get my phone.  If not maybe I can just go to a Verizon store on launch day and get one there and just cancel or return my shipped iphone or maybe just sell it.  This sucks

0 Likes
mpc83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Calling the customer service number the min they opened and sitting on hold now for over 10 min with message they are receiving extremely high call volumes.  great

0 Likes
mpc83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update, I called yesterday morning and they corrected the issue and ran my card again. Everything went through and they said my order should still be sent by the 21st because it goes by the time your initial order was submitted.  As of lastnight I have my Fedex tracking number and see it sitting in TN

0 Likes