Unlimited Data & iPhone 5
William_M
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am currently being grandfathered in on an unlimited 3G-Data plan for my iPhone 4 the rumor mill suggests that iPhone 5 will be a 4G/LTE device.  When/if this pans out to be true - will switching from this device to a 4G device negate my data plan and send me onto a tiered plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data & iPhone 5
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Very well could. No one, even Verizon reps, know any of these answers about the tiered plans yet. We'll have to wait and see all the rules when the plans are released.

0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

The iPhone 5 will not be a 4G/LTE device.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

pappy53 wrote:

The iPhone 5 will not be a 4G/LTE device.

Hey there, Steve Jobs.

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

New plans are posted now.

0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

That has already been verified by Apple. Probably on iPhone 6. Do some research before you try to be smart.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

pappy53 wrote:

That has already been verified by Apple. Probably on iPhone 6. Do some research before you try to be smart.

It's been verified by Apple? And where did you hear that?

I'm not the one trying to be smart - I didn't predict the future. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
pensfan0782
Contributor - Level 1

you did assume he was steve jobs. and anyone in their right mind would know he's not on these boards posting messages

0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3
Biggest problem with the lack of LTE support on the next iPhone falls back to the speed of data on the device. Verizon already has the slowest 3G on the planet. AT&T via Gsm/hspa produces speeds approximately twice as fast as Verizon's now. It is very likely that the next iPhone will support hspa+ of which will increase AT&T's 3G speed to 4 fold over Verizon's of which will still be hovering at around 1mbs. So Verizon have the privilege of having the slowest iPhone on their more 'reliable' network. Not sure how many people are going to be ok with that. I can see AT&T's commercials already... Heck, I'll even bet that they label the next iPhone as 4g capable being they're already calling phones that they sell which support hspa+ as such. (just like t-mobile). Can you hear me now?
0 Likes