Unable to retrieve voicemails
tramel86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been unable to retrieve my messages for about 2-3 weeks.  I get the notifications, but when I click on "play button" nothing happens.  My greeting is still the same.  I have turned off call forwarding. 

Can someone help me?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to retrieve voicemails
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you hear the messages by dialing *86 and entering your password at the prompt?

0 Likes
michelleh_vzw
Verizon Employee

We'll figure this out together, tramel86! We do need a little more information to be able to determine what's going on. What make & model phone do you have? Also, if you dial *86+Send from your phone, does it take you to your voicemail via a phone call? We will work together, and figure this out in no time!

Thank you,

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tramel86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, this works. It took me awhile because I couldn't remember my password.

I want to be able to play my messages without making a call.

However, since my last update, I have been unable to do that.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone do you have?  You were using Visual Voicemail and it no longer works?  Does this link help at all?  Voicemail Service To Be Updated | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
tramel86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using iPhone 5s and I do not want visual voicemail

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure if you have much of a choice with the iPhone. The voicemail system is handled by the Apple servers and by default is a Visual Voicemail type.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee
tramel86, I want you to be able to enjoy Visual Voice Mail. It should not give you this hard of a time. I am confident we will fix it.  I would like you to go to  Settings>General>Reset and select Reset All Settings. This will not erase any of your data but will reset your WiFi, Desktop, Ringtones etc. Let me know if you are able to get your voice mail after that has been done please.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tramel86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amber,

Thanks for your help.  I do not want to use the visual voicemail. So, I will just have to call *86 to retrieve them.

Karen

0 Likes
rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

tramel86, it is always our pleasure. We were so happy to help. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know. Thanks for being the best part of Verizon.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes