Transfering upgrade for an iPhone 5
slove2491

I currently have an upgrade available on a smartphone line of my family plan. I have 3 other lines that are basic phones and are not eligible for an upgrade. I wanted to know if I transfer my upgrade to one of the basic lines and purchase an iPhone through that line, will it get rid of the unlimited data plan on my smartphone line? I have conflicting answers from verizon reps and no one has given a straight answer on the forums.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfering upgrade for an iPhone 5
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

slove2491 wrote:

I currently have an upgrade available on a smartphone line of my family plan. I have 3 other lines that are basic phones and are not eligible for an upgrade. I wanted to know if I transfer my upgrade to one of the basic lines and purchase an iPhone through that line, will it get rid of the unlimited data plan on my smartphone line? I have conflicting answers from verizon reps and no one has given a straight answer on the forums.

Thank you

yep it will

the line the upgrade is from is the affected line

0 Likes
DUMBARRANGER56

BEWARE OF VERIZON LIES

I chatted with a rep the other day ab out this.  She said that, if I bought my own phone, I would retain my unlimited dta.  Well, I bought a phone online and, guess what - they will not honor this.

FORTUNATELY - I copied my chat session and will forward to my lawyer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you have an unlimited data plan, the only way you would lose it is if you purchase a subsidized phone from Verizon and sign a new contract.  You can purchase a new phone from Verizon at full retail price and keep your unlimited data plan.  You can also purchase a new or used phone from Ebay or somewhere such as that and keep your unlimited data.  Where did you purchase your phone?  If you bought it on-line from Verizon and took the subsidized price, you will lose your unlimited data.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

many places online are supsidized phones

where did you buy it?

how much was it?

was it new? used?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The only way you'd lose it is if the phone you bought was discounted because you bought it on contract or you previously had the unlimited data plan for feature phones. I have switched between three smartphones several times in the past year and my unlimited data plan never changed.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

was thinking about this more

if it was activated at a non corp store they may not have had the option to keep it

0 Likes