Touch Screen Sensitivity
JahMush

My brand new phones screen does not seem to be sensitive enough when using my finger, no screen cover or protector. Any ideas? The on/off toggle switches seem to have the most problems but everything is now on Sensitivity. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Touch Screen Sensitivity
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you have attempted resetting or restoring to see if that helps (it may not) then you may have a defective screen...if you are close to an Apple store you should go there and have them take a look at it. They will replace it if that is the issue. Otherwise, you may have to go through VZW. Since you are still within the 14 days they should exchange it for a new device...but your local store may not have one in stock. If that is the case then it will have to shipped to you (no idea on the wait time for that of if they will require that you go ahead and  return the one that you have before the 14 days expires). If you purchased online during pre-order then you might have to go through them. A VZW rep should let you know what you will need to do.

0 Likes
JahMush

i'll do some more testing and troubleshooting. but...why would my thumb work better then my index finger? i mean i seem to have more sensitivity from my thumb. i tried my index finger on my buddies 4s and same issue, not enough sensitivity. what wrong with my phone? my finger?

0 Likes
sarawelder

I have the same problem with my recent iPad. I didn't have it on the earlier one. I wonder if it is technique or defective too.

0 Likes
Leminkel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've found that the screen is sensitive, but where I hit the screen isn't necessarily on the actual button. I have to aim for the very bottom of the button, it seems to be lower down. I thought my screen was defective as well when I first received the iP5 because I couldn't get the toggles to switch either. I hope this helps!

0 Likes
JahMush

anyone else with this problem have worn/numb fingertips? maybe this is why my thumb works better then my index finger? just thinking of any ideas. i don't wanna need a whole new phone, i don't want this to be a defect.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I haven't noticed any issues with my iPhone 5 (yet at least), but maybe the change in the screen could have a part in it? It's thinner than the previous models...I think that it says they took out a layer? No idea if that could have anything to do with it...although it would seem like the screen would be MORE sensitive in that instance. Now, if you do have issues with your fingertips then that could be the issue also...not sure how to find out if that's really the problem though. Hopefully some other that are having the same screen issues will chime in.

0 Likes