Touch ID
workingman
Contributor - Level 1

Which finger is the best one to use on the Touch ID. I tried using my right thumb, when i hold it in my right hand, but that one doesn't stay very long!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Touch ID
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You can use any finger (as long as you set it up that way). For example, I have both index fingers and both thumbs saved.

Be sure when you are saving the fingerprint, that you are pressing all sides including the tip onto the sensor repeatedly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

I believe you are supposed to use your pointer finger.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You can use any finger (as long as you set it up that way). For example, I have both index fingers and both thumbs saved.

Be sure when you are saving the fingerprint, that you are pressing all sides including the tip onto the sensor repeatedly.

0 Likes
Touch ID
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

Also, maybe you should wash your hands.

SR0211
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two impressions using the same index finger.  Some one on another forum suggested this so the sensor works better, and thus far I have never an issue with the sensor... Well, maybe one.  After a hot shower, the sensor did not pick up my print.  This is possibly because the hot water caused my finger to wrinkle a bit, but soon after it worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question workingman!

I know it's important for Touch ID to read your fingerprints correctly and I am happy to help. For Touch ID to work correctly, the setup and future scanning has to be done correctly. You will need to ensure your hands are clean and free of moisture(water& sweat), dirt, oil, lotions, and anything that could affect the fingerprint scanner. Please follow the steps in the link below to set it up again; you can use any finger or thumb.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/87593/

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes