Switching from 4s to 5
Not applicable

Okay so I'm with Verizon and I have a 4s at the moment. My contract isn't up for a while and I just purchased an iPhone 5 on ebay (brand new & clear esn) Will I be able to activate it and use it even though I have a 4s?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching from 4s to 5
Not applicable

just pop in the sim after you switch out the old phone meid/esn number should do it.

I would call to make sure the swap went ok.

Also be careful that your unlimited is not cancelled. You are not subsidizing the phone so no loss of unlimited and no upgrade fee is required. Also make sure the phone is cdma and not gsm. Verizon uses cdma.

Better yet go into the verizon corporate store.

0 Likes
Not applicable

oopps I meant "pop in the sim you get from verizon" sorry....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP will need a new SIM card. The card is the 4S is a micro SIM and is for overseas use only. The iPhone 5 uses a 4G LTE nano SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

our replys crossed in flight. I sent a post correction 1 minute before you posted.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So all I have to do is activate the phone and go to the Verizon store and buy a new 4G LTE nano sim card?

0 Likes
Not applicable

do it all at the store. Just so its done right.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ashleyy218 wrote:

So all I have to do is activate the phone and go to the Verizon store and buy a new 4G LTE nano sim card?

SIM cards are free at Corporate Verizon stores.

0 Likes