Stay SMS *not MMS* while still using iMessage
apeycup

I just got an iPhone 5 and am having some trouble sending SMS to people on Android on other carriers. Friends are only receiving my texts as MMS messages when they are long. They should automatically split up but they don't, they just convert automatically to MMS. It's a pain for the receiver because they have to pay for MMS and they have to wait for the message to download. I

turned off MMS and it said it couldn't send. I got this message, "MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send to an email address." I've searched for this error and found that you should turn iMessage off. I want iMessage for other friends and family that use iMessage.

Let me reiterate, I would like to send messages from iPhone to Android that split apart when they get too long instead of convert to MMS (cross carriers, Verizon to AT&T/Sprint) while still using iMessage. What kind of workaround is there for this situation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stay SMS *not MMS* while still using iMessage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello apeycup

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I'm sorry if the text is 160 characters, there may be delivery issues. I would recommend turning off the iMessage feature as a work around for this issue.

Another workaround is if you have a signature or icon to remove those from your device and retest.

Sincerely,

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes