Spoke with CSR to verify shipping date for iPhone 5
goldylocks1415

Hello Everyone!

Thought this might help ease everyone's minds just a bit about iPhone 5 shipping/delivery dates.  I logged onto the verizon website at 12:01am PST on Sept. 14th and ordered the iPhone 5.  I received a confirmation email about 30 minutes later with the DELIVERY date as: September 21st.  I have been having the same issues a lot of you have been experiencing with finding the status of the order online but when it does pull it up it states that SHIPPING date is September 21st.  So of course, I was confused.  I was able to use Verizon's online chat to speak with a CSR.  (See screen shot of conversation)

They seem to verify that IF you received an email like I did that states DELIVER ON September 21st, then you WILL have the phone in your hands on launch day Smiley Happy  They also verified that they will be using FedEx Two Day Shipping.  Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spoke with CSR to verify shipping date for iPhone 5
Matoya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for sharing. I put in my preorder at around 2:10-2:15 a.m. central time last Friday, and I too got a confirmation email with a delivery date of 9/21. The rep I spoke with today said that I would likely get my phone on 9/26, so let's hope yours is right.

0 Likes
goldylocks1415

Yeah let's hope!!  I keep reading that it is hard to get consistency from the Verizon reps, so we will see.  I will say that it took her less than 30 seconds to answer my question, so it seems to me like she had accurate information and did not have to fish around for an answer.  Fingers crossed!!

0 Likes
nhi_hoang92

I placed mine last Friday also and my confirmation email said delivery date of 09/21/2012 also. I spoke on the phone with Verizon today and they told me that because of the high demands the dates will get pushed back. But if the email says 09/21, then it will most likely SHIP on that day. Since they ship via FedEx two day ground, they told me I will receive it before or on the 28th. So I hope the info you got was right instead of mine.

0 Likes