Re: Some of my contacts not receiving my text messages
schwabbay

Gong_master, I am still having issues.

1. I visited an apple store. They were no help. They insisted that it was a carrier problem (T-Mobile) which it is not since one of my contacts is a verizon customer.

2. I made sure all contacts had 10 digit phone numbers

3. I did a system reset/restore via iTunes.

Verizon/Apple, get this right. This issue HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED.

0 Likes
jsbrown
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife is having the very same problem.  She has a Verizon Wireless iPhone 5 and many times, her text messages are not received by others.  I also have a VW iPhone 5, purchased and activated the same day/time and VW store.  I have no problems with my messages being received by anyone on any phone, on any carrier.

The only difference between the two devices is that on her phone, somehow the Facebook Contact Sync got turned on and she has many garbage Facebook email address now stuck in her contacts.  These seem to be the people she has the most trouble sending to.  I have yet to figure out how to remove them but I'm betting that when I do, the messaging problem will disappear.

Facebook is a dangerous parasite that wants to wrap its creepy tentacles around everything in your life.

Ponderous

I had the same issues w/ my new Iphone 5.  Contacts where getting my texts, then were not - we both have Verizon.  This fix worked:

Go to settings-messages-send&receive: make sure your #is listed as:  +1(603)555-1212

Then go to the contact you are having the issue with:  Delete all your current texts to and from them.

Then update their contact infor w/ their cell number also reading:  +1(603)555-1212

Apple support and verizon were utterly useless in this regard - I tried this for all four of my contact issues and its worked with all of them (for now at least).  Good luck.

0 Likes
echo52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue as you are. I do not have FB installed on my iPhone.

0 Likes
echo52
Enthusiast - Level 2

gong_master, I believe you are correct with your theory about this behavior happening in conjunction with the last Apple update. I am experiencing your same issues with my iPhone 5.

0 Likes
KReyes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the very same issue as all of you.  It seems this ALL BEGAN last evening after a required update to the phone.  Afterwards when I text message contacts, some receive the message like normal and others do not and ALL are verizon customers.  I have tried everything, deleted my entire contact list and started ALL over only to still have this most frustrating problem.  NO ONE from Verizon has helped to resolve the issue and I've phone 5 times already going through the same steps over and over and over again with no resolution.  Everything was fine until that update.  The contacts that are unable to receive text messages from me, oddly I'm able to receive a text message from them but when I reply they never receive my reply.  This is SO SO SO SO FRUSTRATING!!!! 

echo52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found shutting of iMessage in the settings resolved my problem. I hope this will help some of you folks.

0 Likes
PJob

I don't have an apple   I have a Maxx.  Same story.

0 Likes