Siri unable to make calls on IOS7
MoldySquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I ask Siri to make a phone call, she recognizes the contact, but then comes back saying she is unable to do it.  I have searched on-line and found this has been an issue with Verizon phones and a faulty activation after updating to a new IOS.  However the solutions offered dealt with IOS 6 and do not work.  Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Siri unable to make calls on IOS7
MoldySquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Siri says "Calling ____________________", then "I am unable to do this".  I am able to make calls without Siri.  Yes, I have tried clearing the cache and resetting the network settings.  2 days ago, I turned Siri all the way off and then reconnected and did a full power down of my phone.  Since then, I have not had the problem again, but the problem was erratic before and enough time has not passed for me to say this fixed the issue.  I will update this discussion next week as to whether the problem has reoccurred or not.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MoldySquirrell,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble using your siri to make phone calls out. We certainly want you to be able to use all features. I have not seen any issues with this being carrier related. When you try to make the call and then the phone recognizes the contact what happens? Are you having any issues with making calls standardly without Siri? Have you tried clearing the cache and resetting the network settings on the device? Please fill us in on what exactly happens when trying to execute this task so we can figure out what steps to take.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MoldySquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Siri says "Calling ____________________", then "I am unable to do this".  I am able to make calls without Siri.  Yes, I have tried clearing the cache and resetting the network settings.  2 days ago, I turned Siri all the way off and then reconnected and did a full power down of my phone.  Since then, I have not had the problem again, but the problem was erratic before and enough time has not passed for me to say this fixed the issue.  I will update this discussion next week as to whether the problem has reoccurred or not.

0 Likes
MoldySquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problems as of now.  I believe this fixed it.

0 Likes