Setting ringtone
hyealice

I downloaded a song and it's in that little icon thing for music.  How do I set it as my ringtone on my Iphone 5???  There is no option when I open that music icon to save it as a ringtone - the song will start playing when I open the icon. 

This song was set as my ringtone on my last phone (don't know what it was, but it wasn't a smartphone). 

Please do not give me some long, drawn out instructions because I'm not a computer/tech nerd. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Setting ringtone
Not applicable

You do know how to read and follow step by step instructions ?

if so follow this link and learn something new and easy.

http://ipod.about.com/od/phonefeatures/ht/iphone-ringtone.htm

0 Likes
hyealice

Thanks, but this didn't do it. These instructions are to pay to buy a

song to get it as your ringtone. I have the song on my phone (in that

little orange music icon). I had it on my old phone - I emailed it to

myself and that's how I got it into that little music icon. I've never

bought anything off of iTunes so it did not come from there. I just

want to know how to get it from that little orange icon to be the

ringtone.

Ridiculous that I was obviously able to figure it out myself on an old

cell phone but it seems to be impossible to do it on a "smartphone".

Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to transfer the song from the phone to the computer with the iTunes Store installed. Then on the computer, use iTunes to convert the song into a ringtone format compatible with your phone and use the iTunes program to push the ringtone file to the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

ann154 dosent know how to do it her method dosent even make sense. what you do it go to your app store and download ringtone maker, once its downloaded open the app and you select any song on your phone and pick what part of the song you want and set it as your ringtone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know the exact steps, but I have read other people's post stating that you have to use iTunes to convert the ringtone to the right format and push it to the phone.

Doesn't anyone else search anymore? I think was the user who used posted the steps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

my way is just better

0 Likes
Not applicable

That depends. The particulars on the app still say a computer is needed. And it does not work with the updated itunes. Personally I take a song from itunes convert it to a 30 second ringtone, then go back and change the file extension and the place in my ringtone folder. Takes me about a minute for each one I create.   http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Ringtone  Or your method.  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ringtone-maker-make-free-ringtones/id390929278?mt=8