Contributor - Level 1

message deleted problem fixed

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: READ***update on iphone 5 time zone problem **** READ
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

Doesn't help me as the time has always been right on my iPhone.. stays in sync with my Galaxy S3 and my watch that reads from the atomic time signal.  Sounds more like a tower equipment problem in your area than phone problem, and that's what they need to be looking at.

0 Likes
scvdeputy

Received my wife's iphone5 yesterday, set it up and it was working fine. THis morning I noticed at one time it was fine, then a few minutes later I picked it up and the clock was behind by an hour and 8 minutes. Did go to manual and set the time. Then switched back to automatic and again the time went back to the hour and 8 minutes off. I went to the local Verizon store here and he said he was aware of 7 to 8 costumers coming in where they were having the same issues. He said that it supposedly was a software issue on apple's part. He hoped apple was working on fixing this. He had hoped the update to the ios would have fixed it, but guess not.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1
Please update to iOS 6.0.1 it should fix it I've been on 6.0.1 for a week and my time has been fine   Clock set to auto and iMessage on   NOTE I DO NOT WORK FOR VZW
0 Likes
KEV815PAN
Contributor - Level 1

I had no time zone issues with Apple IOS 6.1.0 Beta 1. Maybe its about time that you join the Apple Developer Program like me so that rather than Complaining about an Apple Issue to Verizon, you can actually Test the Beta's and File Bug Reports to Apple! Just FYI!

0 Likes
scvdeputy

I had completed the update as one of the first steps after turning the phone on. About 12 hours before the problem was noticed.

0 Likes
scvdeputy

Don't believe time zone was the issue. It was the time in general since the difference in the times was not exactly an hour in difference. Also I was under the impression customer service is where you complain or ask for assistance. As the old adage goes you don't know till you ask.....right.  Also should a product not work when you buy it? Why should I the customer be saddled with having to join a program as you put it just to have the phone be able to do a basic function. I bought the phone to simplify life not complicate or deduct more time from my day.

0 Likes
Venghous1

This is NOT an Apple issue..  The time and date problems are a LTE issue.. I work for an Indirect Agent of VZW   I myself have this issue with my IP5, But.. I have had this problem with MULTIPLE customers with Razr M, Razr HD, GS3, Thunderbolt....

In my opinion this is happening in areas where the LTE build out is not complete and the device keeps switching from 3g and LTE... Turning off the LTE is the only way to fix this issue on the phone. it is not a manufacture issue..   and yes i too have called tech support only to be told the same vague answers every one else is getting

0 Likes
scvdeputy

Thank you for the information. Will give this a try and see what happens. Maybe some day VZW will get it cleared up. I read in a blog that a Sprint IP5 customer was having same problem. Guess their network is having similar issue.

0 Likes
scvdeputy

This now creates another dilemma to the theory of the LTE causing the problem. I have an iPad (3rd gen "New") that is LTE on the Verizon network. Been using it for about two months, in the same locations as the iphone 5 that I have had for a week. I have never seen any time issues with the iPad. Both have the current ios updates. Wonder why the phone clock has issues while on LTE but the iPad doesn't. Any ideas on that point anyone?

0 Likes