Question before I upgrade to iPhone 5.
Matoya
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have a Droid Incredible, but since Android has failed to impress I'm going to put in a preorder for an iPhone 5 on Friday as soon as preorders become available. I'm on a family share plan with y mother. I have unlimited data and my mother has the old 150MB per month plan. She says that she wants to keep her Incredible, so her plan shouldn't change. I 'm upgrade eligible (my upgrade date was August 18) but before I put in my iPhone 5 preorder I want to ask will I be forced to give up my unlimited data, and if I do will I be forced to go onto the family share plan, or can I pick another plan? And if I do go on the family share plan how will that affect my monthly bill (currently about $130 a month)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question before I upgrade to iPhone 5.
vance07

You will be forced to give up unlimited data!(unless you buy the phone outright) According to rep i just talked to you will be given a new data plan option when you pre order the phone, either the share everything plan. which is the tiered plans 40 dollars for 2 gigs and 10 per gig after that or the share everything plan. since the Incredible has the 150Mb plan that cost 10$ a month I believe(never had this plan so not sure) you would be paying 50 dollars for your two gigs and her 150mb with the tiered option it would be smarter to do the share everything plan and have unlimited min and text and pay 50 dollars for 3 gigs that gives you an extra 850Mb.........If my calculations are correct..but for 100% clarity just call verizon

0 Likes
Re: Question before I upgrade to iPhone 5.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Matoya - It has been a few days since you originally posted. Have you had your question answered between then and today? You do have a few options. You can either switch to a tiered plan 2GB package for $30.00, or as Vance07 stated, a Share Everything plan may benefit you both! Check here to get an estimate http://bit.ly/xdDajD , or check your My VZ account for an account analysis to see if it is a good fit.

Thank you both, and take care.

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes