Purchase iPhone 5s full price in store
blueu82

Yesterday I went to purchase an iPhone 5s in store at full price.  (I'm not eligible for upgrade until Feb and i don't want to lose my unlimited data plan).

I called ahead to make sure they had some in stock.  Over the phone they said they had five 32GB grey 5s in stock.  

Upon arriving at the store, I checked in and told the rep I was here to purchase the 32gb model at full retail price.   She put me on the list and I waited 15-20 min.  

When my turn came, I told the rep I wanted to buy the 32gb model at the full price.   The rep told me I was not allowed to buy it.  Stating that corporate policy dictated only new customers and upgrade eligible customers could purchase the iPhone 5s due to limited stock.   I asked if there was any way I could purchase that phone today in store and she said no. Ended up leaving the store unable to buy the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this?   Only selling the iPhone 5s to new customers and upgrade eligible actually corporate policy?  Or was the store deciding they just didn't want to sell the phone to me since they were not getting a new customer and or upgrade on the sell?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Purchase iPhone 5s full price in store
ryan32newman

I went through the exact same experience two years ago when I got my 4s. Verizon retail stores and their authorized retailers are only worried about making commissions off of people signing contracts. They make no money off of selling you a phone at full price so they save them all for those signing contracts. As far as I know the only official "100% safe" way to buy a Verizon iPhone at full cost is through Verizon's website or at an Apple retail store.

When I purchased my 4s at the Apple Store they acted shocked when I wanted to pay full price but they gave me no fuss doing so. This time around I went a head and bought through Verizon's website using the month to month option. It process was very easy and I was able to keep my unlimited data plan. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

I asked on Wednesday before they went on sale if I could buy one at full price (mine was stolen) and they told me no.  On Friday they would only sell them to new customers or upgrades.  They didn't know if they would be available online or not (they were). 

The Apple store was only selling unlocked / full price phones for T Mobile - not Verizon or others.

0 Likes
tn2005c6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased my iPhone 5S (32GB Grey) on Sep 20th at full retail price at my local Verizon store. There was no limitations placed on my purchase.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Blue82,

New phones are always exciting! I know how important it is to have the right plan for your usage. I apologize that you went into the store to purchase a device at full retail price and the store was unable to fulfill this request. The full retail price option on any device is at the store location discretion. You can purchase any device at the full retail price via MyVerizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc , please select the month to month plan option.

Thanks,
PamelaF.
Tweet us @vzwsupport 

0 Likes