Promised an iPhone... No iPhone.
bls1999

Hiya Community,

So I recently got screwed by Verizon.  I talked to a sales associate at a Local Verizon Store who said that he would put me on his "favorite" list.  He asked me what phone I wanted, I said Gold iPhone 5S 32GB.  He says "It'll be ready for you on Friday!" So, I got a text last night that said there's no more favorite list, as his manager told the employees of the store there they can't.  OK, not a problem, I think to myself.  Then when I'm at school this morning, my mom texts me and tells me that there are no Gold iPhones, or iPhones in 32GB at all.

This guy promises me an iPhone and then I don't get it?!  And what's more, is the ship date now is November?!  Unacceptable.

I think Verizon should seriously consider an employee talk on not promising customers anything if they can't fulfill that promise.

Where can I appeal to Verizon further on this matter?

>>Profanity removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Promised an iPhone... No iPhone.
thefloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

You seriously thought the guy at the store was going to add you to his "favorite" list and somehow secretly stash one of the hottest phones on the side for you on release day? The phones that everyone was lining up for outside of stores days ago?

Do you buy your stereo equipment out of the trunk of shady cars in dimly lit parking lots?

I have a bridge you might be interested in buying..

Seriously - if your story is even true - this doesn't pass the "stink test", IE it's too good to be true. Verizon didn't "screw" you. At best a shady sales associate made you a promise they had no way of keeping, and it should have been fairly obvious this was a shot in the dark when you listened to this guy..

bls1999

He told me there was some sort of thing where the Verizon employees could have a kind of priority list, where they could have 3 friends who could be reserved an iPhone 5S.

Guess it serves me right for trusting a freaking sales associate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there BLS1999,

I'm sorry for the misinformation that you received from one of our store employees.  The iPhone 5s is available for instore purchase on a first come first served basis.

What store location did this happen at? I will file feedback with the store manager so that the proper coaching can take place so that this doesn't happen again.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bls1999

Hiya Nick,

This happened at the Verizon Store in Fairfax, VA (Fairfax Blvd).  The sales associate name is  >>removed<<

If possible, I'd like Verizon to contact me at the email address this account is registered with please.

Thanks.

~ Ben

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

Can pretty much assure you that a "favorites" list is a big no-no.  I transact a LOT of business at our local corporate Verizon store (my personal cell bill typically runs +$600 a month) and even (for the last several years) have provided answers/tech support to customers that were in the store when I was looking around (I'm a tech geek by nature - and not employed with Verizon).  Have sold quite a few phones for them also when I was in and they were busy with other customers.  Even with all that, I have NEVER been able to get any of the hot phones "reserved" for me.  Just doesn't happen.  The corporate policy is first come first serve.  Sounds like you had a rep that was "hoping" that they would have the product in and when you came in it would be there.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

especially in northern virginia you trusted this guy? don't trust anyone here. no one wants to help you, you have to fend for yourself. not only that but i have learned from living here that people in this area love to feel special by claming they can do something special for you because their of their "connections" -- hardly. they have no power, they just want you to think they do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bls1999

Thank you for replying. I will provide feedback to the location. Unfortunately we can't hold devices for customers. The best resolution would be to order a new device here:http://bit.ly/VCIAGA

If you would like to discuss any issues please follow me and send us a private message.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes