Problem with setting up iPhone 5 as a hotspot
emilyyych

When I go to the "Cellular" section in my Settings, it says I have to either call or visit the Verizon website. However, I cannot call because the phone call requires you to use a different phone than your own and I do not have that option. I do not know where to proceed when I am on the website and was wondering how I can simply set up the hotspot.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with setting up iPhone 5 as a hotspot
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

What service plan do you currently have for your phone?

You might need to add a Tethering/Hotspot feature to your account?

0 Likes
MsAud67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the family share plan, but previously had a plan with unlimited data (unfortunately not grandfathered anymore!).  On my iphone 5, I go to settings, then personal hotspot (it's just below cellular) and there you just hit the toggle at the top of the screen.  Below it will show what the password is for your phone. 

0 Likes
jthw1914

I have a 5 with hotspot already set up, but when I turn on hotspot it is not always detectable.  This is even true even with my devices, MBA and iPad Air, were previously connected to my iPhone yet my iPhone hotspot isn't always discoverable.  is anyone else having this issue?  And yes, i have verified that "Personal Hotspot" is set to on, wfi is on, and Bluetooth as well.  Yet, like right now, my iPhone 5 hotspot is not discoverable. 

Help! 

0 Likes