Problem receiving SMS/MMS if cellular data is off! Rip off and loop holes...
Shey72

Before I upgraded my phone to Iphone 5, I just have a regular phone that doenst have any data package attached in  my plan.  I can send and receive SMS/MMS without any extra charges from Verizon because I have unlimited text messaging included in my plan.  Now, I upgraded my service every time I turned off the cellular data I cannot received SMS/MMS and I should turn on my cellular data on just for me to received and send SMS/MMS in which it consumed my data allowance. And this seems so unfair since it included in my plan UNLIMITED TEXT but receiving SMS/MMS consumed my data allowance in which I will be billed if I excited.  Plus, I just dont understand I had so much problem about excessive consumption of data of Iphone 5.  Also, my question is - since I had UNLIMITED TEXT from my previous plan and it doesnt require data on receiving/sending SMS/MMS and still have the same feature in iphone 5 we should get enormous data usage charged in our plan right?  I found it stealing from customers about this feature!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem receiving SMS/MMS if cellular data is off! Rip off and loop holes...
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Multimedia messages (photo and group) require Verizon's cellular network to send/receive; they count against your text plan, but not your data plan.

You also may want to do a search on this forum about issues with the iPhone 5 and data usage; it's suggested that you turn off cellular data when not needed.

0 Likes