Post your ship by date, device and results - see if we can figure out what is going in with stock
Seanva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi everyone.   I have been trying to get information on stock and delivery with limited results.   Different answers from customer service.  Maybe we can help each other by posting the order date time, consumer vs business account, iphone 5s color and size and the "will ship by date".   Let us know if you received the iphone 5s or if your date changed.   I ordered on 9/29 at 8am, business customer, will ship by date of 10/7' iphone 5s space grey 64gb.    No change in date or emails received with an update.  No delivery of device  I ordered a bundle with black case and charger. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Post your ship by date, device and results - see if we can figure out what is going in with stock
Seanva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Everyone.  I wanted to give you a quick update.   As I stated in the original post, I ordered  a grey iPhone 5s 64GB on 9/20 at 8am EDT (first time business customers could order).  Received an email confirmation at 8:17 am confirming order and "will Ship by" of 10/7.   I have heard nothing since.  In fact, the online system still says expected ship date is 10/7.  After talking to Vz support via DM over the weekend (post above) and then calling business support yesterday, I have come to find out that Verizon held the order until 10/9.  They say the fraud department held it, but cannot explain why or why it took them two plus weeks to release it (account in good order and not a single communications via email, to the cell number or the land line of thee master account which is my desk).  There was no issue ever identified.  They are telling me that the order from their view was placed on 10/9 and I have to wait until 10/28 to get the device.  To be clear, this is the same date for the "Will ship by"  if I placed a new order today.  Pretty sad.  They are taking no responsibility nor are they honoring the orders in which they are placed.  The customer service reps tell me they have no way to submit to get the order bumped up in priority with the warehouse or fix the issue.  The reps have pointed to fraud prevention department as the problem (but they have no way to contact them), indicated that online ordering is yet another department with no contacts, etc.    After talking to two reps and a manager (all very nice and well-intentioned), looks like I'm just going to get screwed and have to wait a few more weeks.  It is unfortunate that "we" cannot trust orders placed online with Verizon, receive updated, clear and accurate communications or assume that Verizon will honor orders in the order placed.   My only suggestion is that you have to call customer service to verify any orders and stay on them.   My only hope is that somehow someone in Vz senior manager is paying attention to what is happening and attempts to fix the problems.    I'm contemplating moving to another provider that apparently has stock online today.  Don't want to, but losing faith quickly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Post your ship by date, device and results - see if we can figure out what is going in with stock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Seanva,

The iPhone 5s is a great device so I absolutely understand your eagerness to get your hands on one and I'll investigate to see what is going on.

Due to the popularity of the device and our available inventory some ship by dates were adjusted, but you would have received an e-mail confirmation advising you of such.

Please follow me and dm me your mobile number so I can review your account in detail to see what is going on with your order.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Post your ship by date, device and results - see if we can figure out what is going in with stock
Seanva
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hi all.   Quick update.  First, I listed the order date incorrectly.  It was ordered on 9/20 not 9/29 (sorry for the typo).   Order time was just after 8am (business accounts not allowed to order at 3am for some odd reason).  Confirmation at 819am.  Business account, iphone 5s, 64gb, space grey and "will ship by" date of 10/7.     I did talk to Nicholas (vz) who responded to the post.   Nicholas was nice and professional, but unable to help since this is a business account.   He saw some behind the scenes irregularities, but he wants me to talk to the business account side when they open on Monday.    I was not able to determine if similar orders for the same model, order date and will by date hae been filled or if I'm I a large boat with others.    Would be a lot easier if vz could post daily updates with models and "orders placed on" so we could determine the backlog.    If you have more info, please post.  
0 Likes
JessieNicole
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I ordered on 9/20 at about 7:45 am and my order was shipped on Thursday and my phone is scheduled to arrive on Monday. I ordered a 16gb gold. If you go to apple's website, their ship dates have been updated to 2-3 weeks on all colors and models, so who knows you could end up with a faster order if you cancel with verizon and go through them. Also if you are near a computer and have an apple store near you, you can periodically check the store's stock and then pick it up. I'll bet you will get your phone soon though, judging by apple having 2-3 week ship dates I think the orders are beginning to slow down and the phone companies are catching up. My date was delayed online for the 28th of october but then I ended up getting the original date of 10/14, so don't lose hope.

0 Likes
vttm13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered a 16gb 5s silver on 10/3. Said ship date would be 10/14. As of today no charge to my debit card yet and status still says will ship by 10/14. One of my friends who has AT&T already has the 32gb black. I have another friend whose 5s gold shipped last week, not sure of the size. I believe she is AT&T also.

NYJetsGirl83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got the same vttm. My ship date shows 10/14 (today) and I have yet to see my debit card being charged. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
NYJetsGirl83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've just noticed that they did deduct it from my account! Hopefully a tracking number will be coming shortly!! Smiley Happy I'm so excited!

0 Likes
Seanva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Everyone.  I wanted to give you a quick update.   As I stated in the original post, I ordered  a grey iPhone 5s 64GB on 9/20 at 8am EDT (first time business customers could order).  Received an email confirmation at 8:17 am confirming order and "will Ship by" of 10/7.   I have heard nothing since.  In fact, the online system still says expected ship date is 10/7.  After talking to Vz support via DM over the weekend (post above) and then calling business support yesterday, I have come to find out that Verizon held the order until 10/9.  They say the fraud department held it, but cannot explain why or why it took them two plus weeks to release it (account in good order and not a single communications via email, to the cell number or the land line of thee master account which is my desk).  There was no issue ever identified.  They are telling me that the order from their view was placed on 10/9 and I have to wait until 10/28 to get the device.  To be clear, this is the same date for the "Will ship by"  if I placed a new order today.  Pretty sad.  They are taking no responsibility nor are they honoring the orders in which they are placed.  The customer service reps tell me they have no way to submit to get the order bumped up in priority with the warehouse or fix the issue.  The reps have pointed to fraud prevention department as the problem (but they have no way to contact them), indicated that online ordering is yet another department with no contacts, etc.    After talking to two reps and a manager (all very nice and well-intentioned), looks like I'm just going to get screwed and have to wait a few more weeks.  It is unfortunate that "we" cannot trust orders placed online with Verizon, receive updated, clear and accurate communications or assume that Verizon will honor orders in the order placed.   My only suggestion is that you have to call customer service to verify any orders and stay on them.   My only hope is that somehow someone in Vz senior manager is paying attention to what is happening and attempts to fix the problems.    I'm contemplating moving to another provider that apparently has stock online today.  Don't want to, but losing faith quickly.

0 Likes
pumpkin9300

I ordered a Gold 16gb one one Sept 21st with a ship date of 11/4, I called them and verizon rep told me that my phone would be shipping out Oct 28th, but it isn't reflected on my status page, so who knows?

0 Likes
kinstephen

I ordered a Silver 16gb and a Space Gray 32gb around 5pm PST on 9/20. Up until yesterday (10/15) the status had a ship date of 10/21. Yesterday was when I finally saw a status changed with an associated FedEx tracking number. My phones are expected to arrive tomorrow (10/17).

So overall they are arriving a little early, but I am a little disappointed with Verizon's shipping times. Almost a month to receive them when I have friends who ordered from ATT a day later (9/21) and received theirs over two weeks ago. Like many of you I've contemplated on why verizon is taking longer to ship? Is it because they didn't receive as many as ATT? Is it because Verizon is more popular? Hard to know. It would be great to see Verizon's inventory and order numbers for iPhones.

To me it seems like your deciding between the lesser of two evils (Verizon an ATT). I'm actually moving back to Verizon after being on ATT solely for the iPhone (back when they only had it) because of the 4G LTE.

0 Likes