Phone does not answer to voice mail
rrhall

I work in a building with poor cellular reception and often cannot use the phone for talk.  In the past I used my iphone for its voice mail, and then would use a land line to respond to the voice mail.  Three weeks ago, my phone began to ring and before the voice mail would kick in, the call was dropped.  I purchased a new Iphone 5.  Same thing occurs.  The phone will ring a few times, then drop the call, without going to voice mail.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone does not answer to voice mail
Not applicable

I have a few suggestions maybe not a viable fix.

If the iPhone is useless for calls and you only want voicemail just turn the phone off and your calls should go directly to voice mail.

You could call verizon tech support and find out if there is a problem with your phone or possibly your voice mail settings both of which verizon can handle.

Another suggestion is in the Apple Store there is a magic jack app that works great over wifi. if you are on wifi in your building you should be able to use it. please note the app assigns a dumb free number that start with a *ten digit number * and ends with an * but its free and from the magic jack website you can do call forwarding to be able to answer and make calls.

Also google voice may function in that non cellular building. again via wifi you can make and receive calls.

Hope I gave you a way to use your iphone?

0 Likes
rrhall

I am a physician and I need to know when calls are coming in from the hospital.  So, turning off the phone is not an option.  I have been to the local Verizon store where I got the second phone and no help.  I called Verizon Wireless today and was told to reset my settings.  Still not functioning.  When I asked if it was simply resetting the phone, why is this happening to two different phones within a three week period.  She said, "You need to reset this phone."

0 Likes
Not applicable

unfortunately doctor the best solution is to just purchase another phone, and not a iPhone. I would buy it as a business expense and take a tax write off. It is a necessity in your work.

Sorry I cannot think of another solution.

I have never had to reset my iPhone it is unthinkable that both iPhones are defective.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Doctor,

I know how important it is to get all your calls. Especially due to your profession.  Generally,  there is poor reception in hospitals due to the equipement and technology in the hospital. In the past when you were checking voice mails from your phone, this was working since voice mails go across the data network and not the voice network. In hospitals, technology changes everyday and there may be something intercepting your signal.  I would recommend connecting to wi fi in the hospital this will ensure you can check your voice mails. I do apologize for the bad reception.  Usually, we would offer a network extender that would act as a mini tower in the hospital.  In this case, I would not recommend it due to the conflict with the hospital equipment. I am sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you.

BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes