Personal Hotspot to replace cable?
miseiphone

My cable (comcast) has not been working right recently, so I am using the hotspot for net access.

I see that it is actually faster than my cable.

How many folks out there are using their personal hotspot (with a jetpack of some sort) and ditching their cable?

I would have to use a jetpack since the hotspot and a cell phone call cannot coexist.

I just have cable for internet - not tv.

And I do just web and email.

Thanks.

Mac

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Personal Hotspot to replace cable?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to review the various threads on this forum about issues using a jetpack; it's not really intended to be a replacement for cable.

0 Likes
miseiphone

I searched using the phrase "use jetpack to replace cable" and got only my own post...

Mac

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try searching for 'jetpack overcharges':

Space Search | Verizon Wireless Community

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
miseiphone

Thanks.

Those threads are interesting, but my data usage is minimal.

Just email and light web use.

Mac

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Miseiphone,

I am so excited to hear that you are considering using your Jetpack in replace of your cable services. To make sure that you are on the correct plan for your new usage, I would recommend to input your daily activities into the data calculator http://vz.to/1g0uFH9. The data calculator will then show you an average amount of data needed. We also offer great low cost plans that allow you to share data with the entire account http://bit.ly/xdDajD .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
miseiphone

Thanks, but I don't need a wireless device that supports multiple wireless devices.

All I want is this:

Get my wireless verizon data through a device that is connected via wire or usb to my imac. (only my imac)

I have no wireless devices to share data with.

My iphone does not support data and voice at the same time, so I need a simple device that handles just wireless data.

I do not need to change my plan.

What device do you recommend?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi miseiphone,

Thanks for the info! We are here to help you find a plan to suit your needs. Are you currently our customer? If so, what is your current plan? I am sure we can work this out. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes